Turn on thread page Beta

Car Insurance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My parents put my name under their insurance so i am allowed to drive their car. I am just wondering it is pure legal even the insurance company know i am a new driver, just because they check the computer when my dad speak on the phone on my behalf since i am hearing impaired..

I just want to make sure i am not breaking the law or making any slight mistake..

ReputationRep:
    As long as they drive the car the majority of the time, and they can prove that they do so, then this is legal.

However, if you drive the car most of the time, you should be on your own insurance, in your own name.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by wibletg)
    As long as they drive the car the majority of the time, and they can prove that they do so, then this is legal.

However, if you drive the car most of the time, you should be on your own insurance, in your own name.
    Yeah- this is correct.
    If its their car though, id imagine they would be driving the car most of the time anyway. So there shouldnt be a problem. Its all legal.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.