Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

One of my girl friends, not girl-friend (just a mate, im a guy btw) seems to have fluctuating mood swings. She's not ugly, but overweight and her skin isnt good. I think sometimes when we go out like to bars, she feels more paranoid than she lets out to be, despite her confidence when she speaks. Like, if i get attention or if I look good I get the feeling she tries to put me down because she realises shes not that attractive and I am. Like she'll say stay like o they think your gay..etc and if I mention other girls shell laugh it off as if shes jealous...i dont get it? Maybe she realises im better looking and going out embarasses her?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should focus on your friendship, support your mates insecurities and stop being so arrogant. Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah support your friend, get her a gym membership. Either that or get her on one of those cool trips to Africa, i think the site was feedthetigers.com

Seriously tho, It sounds like you're right and she is really insecure. She needs to start losing weight, don't give her any of that 'you're so special be happy with who you are' BS, simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDMD)
    Yeah support your friend, get her a gym membership
    Only if you're after a cheap vasectomy.

He won't be looking so good if he tries do that to a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Monkey)
    Only if you're after a cheap vasectomy.

He won't be looking so good if he tries do that to a girl.
    Haha true. Although I'm sure he'd be able to outrun her if need be. I guess there is no safe way to go about the problem =/

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe she secretly wants you (more likely). Either way, I wouldn't be taking anyone as narky as that out with me - total buzzkill

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Or maybe she secretly wants you (more likely). Either way, I wouldn't be taking anyone as narky as that out with me - total buzzkill
    Potentially, although that'd be really weird - Id never ever go for her. Shes just a mate. It can be like that at times, thats why i prefer going out as a group as opposed with just two.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.