Turn on thread page Beta

TSR chess society watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Bored really still looking for a job. Make any friends over there then?
    Well, a few people from my chess club turned up, and somehow ended up playing in two simuls. Quite fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    Well, a few people from my chess club turned up, and somehow ended up playing in two simuls. Quite fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good to hear

ReputationRep:
    I pretty much learned from scratch on my own but if you were to advise someone on how to start playing what would you say? I'm not sure what the ideal way to learn is. Im sure most do it by trial and error through tonnes of games, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Occams Chainsaw)
    I pretty much learned from scratch on my own but if you were to advise someone on how to start playing what would you say? I'm not sure what the ideal way to learn is. Im sure most do it by trial and error through tonnes of games, right?
    Playing a lot of games is an essential part of learning. I would supplement this with learning a couple of the most common openings well (start with Ruy Lopez and Sicilian) and doing some tactics to sharpen up your endgame / combos.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.