Turn on thread page Beta

Do You Think My Toes Broken Or Not? :/ watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello people,

Today a few hours ago i went on my trampoline for a jump and that, enjoy the sunny weather, and i did a knee drop and my toes bent proper forward (not backwards) i applied ice pack and put bandage on, im going in the bath soon but at this time my big toe is really hurting me. Ive checked my big toe which hurts and compared it to my left big toe (if that makes sence?) and the right toe (hurting toe) feels different from the ok toe. Do you guys think ive broken it or not? it's worrying me as i got a football game in 2 days and im going to A&E tomorrow if it any worse tomorrow,

Help appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Jake

ReputationRep:
    Probably just stubbed it, wait a few days and see if it get's better

ReputationRep:
    ok, thanks for reply

ReputationRep:
    I may or may not have broken my big toe when I stubbed it against a wooden hut in Madagascar.
    It was purple, blotchy and VERY painful for a week

8 months later, and now it looks just like my other big toe, 'cept for the way it clicks when I bend it forward.
    I don't care any more and neither should you.
    All A&E will tell you is not to use it for a couple of weeks and possibly bandage it, although, if it gets noticeably worse tomorrow, go and see your GP as a matter of priority.

I can say with certainty that you won't be able to play in that next match, but you'll get your game back on in a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    ok, thank you very much for your help

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to wait until it recovers to feel the movement - but from the sounds of it you've probably broken it

Toes are easily broken and nothing can be done - not sure a trip to A&E is worth it- it'll settle down you won't notice it after a couple of months.

I broke mine in similar circumstances - I can't bend it back now compared to the other toe - but its not really the end of the world - it used to throb in the morning and when cold but that stopped after a while.

Nothing can be done about it...they'll x-ray it tell you "yep its broken" strap it to the other toes and give you some tablets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidr123)
    You'll have to wait until it recovers to feel the movement - but from the sounds of it you've probably broken it

Toes are easily broken and nothing can be done - not sure a trip to A&E is worth it- it'll settle down you won't notice it after a couple of months.

I broke mine in similar circumstances - I can't bend it back now compared to the other toe - but its not really the end of the world - it used to throb in the morning and when cold but that stopped after a while.

Nothing can be done about it...they'll x-ray it tell you "yep its broken" strap it to the other toes and give you some tablets.
    Ok, ill see tomorrow if its alright or not , thanks for reply, much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Well if it is broken you shouldnt be able to move it. Also I dont think it should hurt a lot.
    However a trip to A&E wouldnt do any harm
    Take painkillers if it really hurts especially during the night since you need to sleep

ReputationRep:
    ok i cannot move it and i cannot walk that much onit either. Its bruised now bad since i posted this thread and im unable to move it completley, trip down to A&E tomorrow going to be fine, i guess no p.e and no trampolining for a couple of weeks or so.

anyways, thank you very much for your help guys really appreciated

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.