Turn on thread page Beta

what do you guys think about afghan girls? watch

    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pukhtun)
    I'm not denying that the vast majority as Muslims but what I am denying is that the vast majority are brown.


    That is not true. Afghans are caucasian - not brown. Maybe their skin may tan in the sun but the vast majority are caucasian.
    I myself certainly do not have brown skin (well not in the sense of say a Pakistani or Indian), it is Caucasian....or am I just an anomoly mr 'I-know-everything-about-every-culture'?


    Or is everything not White-British classed as Brown in your eyes?
    CAUCASIAN DOES NOT MEAN WHITE. Caucasian does not denote skin colour. Brown North Africans are still racially classed as Caucasian.

    Afghans are undeniably brown and whilst a tiny minority may be white this is not the case of the majority. Type in Afghan people in google and you will see the vast majority of pictures of afghans are of brown people

    Saying that Afghans are predominantly white is absolutey ridiculous

    http://afghanistanica.files.wordpres...305protest.jpg

    http://www.umass.edu/cie/projects_ac...20F07%20lg.jpg

    http://www.instablogsimages.com/imag...FWXZK_3868.jpg

    http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/A...QJBl_71hkl.jpg

    http://www.rawa.org/temp/runews/data...rike_child.jpg

    http://www.icosgroup.net/wp-content/...hans_queue.png

    http://www.psywarrior.com/mineawareafghan2.jpg
    Offline

    15
    ReputationRep:
    They're buff - generally hotter than Arab girls in the UK (going by the ones I know so don't take this as a general statement). But yes *****y indeed lol, but not as bad as Turkish girls!

    Wouldn't hesitate to marry one if she could make good baamiyah and kebab. :top2:

    (Original post by Democracy)
    The ones in burqas and such...are not.
    How would you know lol? :p:
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)

    The ones in burqas and such...are not. Personally I don't find any girl wearing a headscarf attractive...hair is an important factor in a girl's looks!
    I have to agree with this.
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pukhtun)
    Haha.
    Most Afghans in Afghanistan can speak Dari/Farsi (unless they are secluded in rural villages but even then most still speak Farsi) since its used in government and media announcements and stuff even though ethnically there are more Pukhtuns than non-Pukhtuns :s

    I can't really speak it that well myself so I guess I might fall into that embarrasing category lol
    You'd be surprised at how many aren't able to speak it :rolleyes:

    'Most' would be okay to use for the big cities, but the majority of villages are Pashto-speaking ones, and they don't understand Dari :nah:
    The Pashto-speaking population in the country is still bigger than Dari-speaking one :yep:

    Oh can you not :teehee: I can speak both well without any accent-influences on either of the languages :mmm:
    Offline

    5
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddle Me This)
    CAUCASIAN DOES NOT MEAN WHITE. Caucasian does not denote skin colour. Brown North Africans are still racially classed as Caucasian.
    You seem to think that I am claiming Afghans are white?

    (Original post by Riddle Me This)
    Afghans are undeniably brown and whilst a tiny minority may be white this is not the case of the majority. Type in Afghan people in google and you will see the vast majority of pictures of afghans are of brown people
    Ethnically most of us are an Eastern Iranian peoples. We are not dark-skinned/brown like South Asians.

    (Original post by Riddle Me This)
    Saying that Afghans are predominantly white is absolutey ridiculous
    Wth, I never claimed that Afghans are predominantly white.

    http://afghanistanica.files.wordpres...305protest.jpg

    Not Brown

    http://www.umass.edu/cie/projects_ac...20F07%20lg.jpg

    Not brown.

    http://www.instablogsimages.com/imag...FWXZK_3868.jpg

    Guys in the fore-ground look suspicously Pakistanis/Indians. That is not what Afghans look like.

    http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/A...QJBl_71hkl.jpg

    It is sunset there so obviously they are going to look more orange/brown than normal.

    http://www.rawa.org/temp/runews/data...rike_child.jpg

    Not brown.

    http://www.icosgroup.net/wp-content/...hans_queue.png

    Not brown.

    http://www.psywarrior.com/mineawareafghan2.jpg

    Not brown.



    When I say brown I mean in the South Asian (Pakistani/Indian/Bangladeshi) context.



    Also you have to remember Afghans compose of a number of different races:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pashtun_people
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazara_people
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzbek_people
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajik_people

    Let's look at the ethnic definition of Afghans:
    The majority of Afghanistan's population consist of the Iranic peoples, notably the Pashtuns and Tajiks


    To conclude: We are darker skinned than Europeans but lighter skinned than South Asians. We are caucasian (not white but decendants from the Caucasoid race in the Caucasus from which white Europeans are descendents of as well).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranid_race
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race


    Happy now?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pukhtun)
    You seem to think that I am claiming Afghans are white?



    Ethnically most of us are an Eastern Iranian peoples. We are not dark-skinned/brown like South Asians.



    Wth, I never claimed that Afghans are predominantly white.

    http://afghanistanica.files.wordpres...305protest.jpg

    Not Brown

    http://www.umass.edu/cie/projects_ac...20F07%20lg.jpg

    Not brown.

    http://www.instablogsimages.com/imag...FWXZK_3868.jpg

    Guys in the fore-ground look suspicously Pakistanis/Indians. That is not what Afghans look like.

    http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/A...QJBl_71hkl.jpg

    It is sunset there so obviously they are going to look more orange/brown than normal.

    http://www.rawa.org/temp/runews/data...rike_child.jpg

    Not brown.

    http://www.icosgroup.net/wp-content/...hans_queue.png

    Not brown.

    http://www.psywarrior.com/mineawareafghan2.jpg

    Not brown.

    When I say brown I mean in the South Asian (Pakistani/Indian/Bangladeshi) context.



    Also you have to remember Afghans compose of a number of different races:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pashtun_people
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazara_people
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzbek_people
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tajik_people

    Let's look at the ethnic definition of Afghans:
    The majority of Afghanistan's population consist of the Iranic peoples, notably the Pashtuns and Tajiks


    To conclude: We are darker skinned than Europeans but lighter skinned than South Asians. We are caucasian (not white but decendants from the Caucasoid race in the Caucasus from which white Europeans are descendents of as well).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranid_race
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race


    Happy now?
    Afghanistan is composed of different ethncities, not races. Pashtuns are a different ethnicity to Hazara, not a different race. And ALL of the people in the pictures I posted are brown. Afghanis are brown end of story. I am not debating this with you.

    Its like you telling me that a wall is green when it is really red. You are obviously offended by the thought of Afghans being regarded as brown so you hve this deluded view that they are not. Well they are

    And it may interest you to know that the lightest Afghans are light because of genes passed down through generations that were brought to afghanistan by alexander the greats armies.
    Offline

    5
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuredoc77)
    You'd be surprised at how many aren't able to speak it :rolleyes:

    'Most' would be okay to use for the big cities, but the majority of villages are Pashto-speaking ones, and they don't understand Dari :nah:
    The Pashto-speaking population in the country is still bigger than Dari-speaking one :yep:

    Oh can you not :teehee: I can speak both well without any accent-influences on either of the languages :mmm:
    From my experience it is the Pashtuns who generally learn Dari rather than the non-Pashtuns learning Pashto ...Dari is afterall the 'lingua franca' of Afghanistan.

    According to the 2006 and 2010 Asia Foundation "A survey of the Afghan people", Dari (Persian) was the first language of 36-49% of the polled people, while additional 37% spoke it as a second language (combined 73-86%). Pashto was the first language of 29-40% of the polled people, while additional 27% knew the language (combined 56-67%).

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghani...hics#Languages


    Also I take it you've been living in the UK most of your life?
    And you are an ethnic Pukhtun?
    Offline

    5
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddle Me This)
    Afghanistan is composed of different ethncities, not races. Pashtuns are a different ethnicity to Hazara, not a different race. And ALL of the people in the pictures I posted are brown. Afghanis are brown end of story. I am not debating this with you.

    Its like you telling me that a wall is green when it is really red. You are obviously offended by the thought of Afghans being regarded as brown so you hve this deluded view that they are not. Well they are

    And it may interest you to know that the lightest Afghans are light because of genes passed down through generations that were brought to afghanistan by alexander the greats armies.
    It seems you have this crazy assumption that a person can only be pale white or dark brown. And no I am more offended by your ignorance than of my race supposedly being brown.

    The Iranid type was classified as belonging to the greater Caucasian race, and was variously associated with either the Nordic or the Mediterranean subtypes, depending on the authority consulted.


    It is settled. Now go away.
    Offline

    15
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potential Trigger)
    Personally like the Iranian look.
    hot sig :P
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pukhtun)
    The Iranid type was classified as belonging to the greater Caucasian race, and was variously associated with either the Nordic or the Mediterranean subtypes, depending on the authority consulted.


    It is settled. Now go away.
    I am not talking about what race afghans are, I know they are Caucasian. I am telling you that they are brown, if you are not white you are brown now you go away.

    Oh and Afghans are nothing like Europeans genetically.

    http://www.karakalpak.com/images/genetic02.jpg
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pukhtun)
    From my experience it is the Pashtuns who generally learn Dari rather than the non-Pashtuns learning Pashto ...Dari is afterall the 'lingua franca' of Afghanistan.

    According to the 2006 and 2010 Asia Foundation "A survey of the Afghan people", Dari (Persian) was the first language of 36-49% of the polled people, while additional 37% spoke it as a second language (combined 73-86%). Pashto was the first language of 29-40% of the polled people, while additional 27% knew the language (combined 56-67%).

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghani...hics#Languages


    Also I take it you've been living in the UK most of your life?
    And you are an ethnic Pukhtun?
    Yes that is true :yep:

    Oh, looks like they've had a new census that I wasn't aware of :teehee: but fair enough... apologies for the unintentionally misleading information :ashamed2:

    1. No
    2. Yes

    Offline

    5
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuredoc77)
    Yes that is true :yep:

    Oh, looks like they've had a new census that I wasn't aware of :teehee: but fair enough... apologies for the unintentionally misleading information :ashamed2:

    1. No
    2. Yes

    Hmm, tell me more....:holmes:
    Offline

    17
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honey pie)
    I am just really bored and i want to know what you guys think (i am meant to do my coursework right now), do you guys think their pretty, nice or *****y (i think they could win a medal for this), oww and do you like any afghan girls or do u want to marry any afghan girl or just have a crush on them.

    One more question, dont you think that every afghan girls looks different- most people think i am arab, european, turkish, spanish or even DUTCH!? even though i were headscarf and have brown eyes, light brown/white skin and look asain...:confused:
    loool ur really tht bored. As long as the Afghan is a good muslim and is on her deen, and i like her and we get along thats good enough for me to marry her . Plus i know a few afghan girls and they all seem nice. And Afghans are very different from each other some more browny south asian type, while others r quite light and araby and then theres ones with oriental eyes really confusin
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pukhtun)
    Hmm, tell me more....:holmes:
    Not publicly :ninja: wanna PM? :hubba:
    Offline

    5
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddle Me This)
    I am not talking about what race afghans are, I know they are Caucasian. I am telling you that they are brown, if you are not white you are brown now you go away.
    Hmm, interesting logic.


    (Original post by Riddle Me This)
    Oh and Afghans are nothing like Europeans genetically.

    http://www.karakalpak.com/images/genetic02.jpg
    The map above that you posted would beg to differ i'm afraid.
    You see that pie chart inbetween India and Iran? That is where Afghanistan is. Now lets see what it shows. The orange (m173) is at a majority whilst the yellow (m89) is second. Now look at Europe and what do you see? Omg! Orange is in the majority and yellow is second!

    I'm afraid you are going to have to resit year 9 geography


    Incidentally I never claimed Afghans are Europeans or very similar to Europeans - you seem to have proven that yourself.

    Well done! *pat on the back*
    Offline

    5
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuredoc77)
    Not publicly :ninja: wanna PM? :hubba:
    Lol!

    I did not mean that in a 'dubious' way haha

    I meant tell me more about where you lived other than the UK
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Afghan girls are HOT. And a lot I know of don't seem like the ****gy type either, they know how to have a good time but to also be Muslims, unlike a lot of Pakistani girls who wear the headscarf yet have 1000x boyfriends
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    So are you a Hazara or a Pashtun?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pukhtun)
    Hmm, interesting logic.




    The map above that you posted would beg to differ i'm afraid.
    You see that pie chart inbetween India and Iran? That is where Afghanistan is. Now lets see what it shows. The orange (m173) is at a majority whilst the yellow (m89) is second. Now look at Europe and what do you see? Omg! Orange is in the majority and yellow is second!

    I'm afraid you are going to have to resit year 9 geography


    Incidentally I never claimed Afghans are Europeans or very similar to Europeans - you seem to have proven that yourself.

    Well done! *pat on the back*
    I am already aware of what I posted, why do you think I posted it ? Afghans are genetically dissimilar to Europens of you look at the chart. Its not a case of how much orange is in the circle. AFghans are genetically closer to south asians
    Offline

    20
    ReputationRep:
    Is the Earth wet, or dry?
 
 
 
Reply
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

1,776

people online now

1,567,000

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.