Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm returning some things I bought in the Abercrombie store in New York to the London store, as one thing has a hole in and other didn't fit who it was bought for. Has anyone ever refunded things from the US in the UK, do they refund you the UK or US prices?

I gotta feeling they are going to be picky! Ok I have never been in your situation, but I can't see them wanting to spend time converting the price and etc and refunding you back the £££. However I could be wrong! :dontknow: Do let us know how you get on though as I'm interested to know what they do.

ReputationRep:
    This is what they say on the receipt, which is slightly confusing.
    "All returns made in a country other than the original country of purchase will receive a merchandise credit in the local currency of the current price of the item at the location processing the return"

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they'll just exchange them for you?

ReputationRep:
    My wife has returned stuff to the London Gilly Hicks that was bought online. They scan the codes and you get the refund equivalent to whatever that item sells for in this country if they sell it.

ReputationRep:
    And since we're on the subject - what the hell happened to the "look" policy on employing staff? The assistants at Hollister in Brent Cross have gone from gawjus when it first opened - to being distinctly average now.

Whoops. Looks like one of the staff de-repped me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.