Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is my friend like this? Is she just using me? Watch

Okay, so i fell out with my best friend a few years ago. (this doesn't have anytthing to do with her but) she became friendly with a few of my other friends and they often went out clubbing when they were like 16/17 & I was never invited because they didn't want to cause 'tension' apparently, they also planned an holiday which never went ahead that i wasnt invited to bcz of this 'tension' (It was my best friend who fell out with me btw, it should have been the other way though, she was just a ***** in the end!)

Anyway so one of my other friends started becoming more paly with girls from her dancing and they started going out with my group of friends from school except me and my other friend who were excluded. I called my friend out on it but apparently they didnt mean to exclude me it was just because I didnt have fake id, rubbish excuse tho they just didnt include me when they were going to sign up for the id, like did it behind my back sort of thing.

Anyway, it got a bit better when me and my friend went to uni we do the same course (at home) but one of her dancing buddys went to a uni a few hours away, so she started inviting me out more. She also met her boyfriend through one of my guy friends, then started to become more friendly with his friends (who im not friends with really)

Her 'dancing' friend dropped out of uni and now works back home full time, so im never invited out with them anymore. To make matters worse her 'dancing' friends have now became friends with my ex best friend, but she never really goes out drinking with them. My friend boasts bout their night outs during uni which is the only place i really see her now one of my other friends who i said was also 'excluded' because she didnt have id doesnt talk to my friend AT ALL now because of her behaviour! They also went on a holiday and didnt invite me :/ even tho im pals with like her bf and his best friend is my best guy mate! My uni friends then ask me why I wasnt invited and it just makes me really upset and angry :sad: I don't know what to do anymore, its really getting to breaking point now. I think about it all the time!

Help?

p.s sorry if its long x

Aaaanyonee?

ReputationRep:
    I tried to read this but it just hurt my head (totally monged today) - use names so it becomes a little clearer who's who and who's done what maybe?..

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to make a completely different set of friends from your uni. It's either a problem with you, that you're being irritating or immature, or they're all cows. If it's the latter, just cut off all contact with them, because it's not doing you any good. You need to do other things in your free time and meet some new people.

ReputationRep:
    You got played.

You know it. We know it.

Hate to put it so bluntly, but you need new mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    I tried to read this but it just hurt my head (totally monged today) - use names so it becomes a little clearer who's who and who's done what maybe?..
    Ah so true, i was just thinking wtf. All i can tell is OP seems to have **** friends who never invite him out, yet he lets them get away with it.

I would suggest you find some new friends OP and also edit to post to make more sense. Add names or at least something to distinguish your 'friends' from one another.

(Original post by Alpharius)
    You got played.

You know it. We know it.

Hate to put it so bluntly, but you need new mates.
    i do have other friends but she was meant to be one of my good friends from school. meh :/ i dont know why she wouldnt consider my feelings in all this! and i have to see her at uni all the time :/

sorry if it confused anyone x

its actually gotten to the point that ive deleted my facebook because i dont want to see her status updates

ReputationRep:
    I had a pretty hard time reading that. Er, you have **** friends - ditch them and make new friends who appreciate you.

ReputationRep:
    'fraid your friend is only using you for convenience, out of laziness.

A bit like all the girls on TSR that beg for help answering essay questions.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get what you're on about but just make new friends and forget your old ones

ReputationRep:
    Sorry. Just really confused

?

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    (Original post by such_a_lady)
    I think you need to make a completely different set of friends from your uni. It's either a problem with you, that you're being irritating or immature, or they're all cows. If it's the latter, just cut off all contact with them, because it's not doing you any good. You need to do other things in your free time and meet some new people.
    (Original post by st_23)
    Ah so true, i was just thinking wtf. All i can tell is OP seems to have **** friends who never invite him out, yet he lets them get away with it.

I would suggest you find some new friends OP and also edit to post to make more sense. Add names or at least something to distinguish your 'friends' from one another.
    (Original post by ithoughtofthis)
    Sorry. Just really confused

?
    i've made a new post to include names

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i've made a new post to include names
    post or thread as i see no new post and your original post isn't edited

(Original post by st_23)
    post or thread as i see no new post and your original post isn't edited
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post30553790

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i do have other friends but she was meant to be one of my good friends from school. meh :/ i dont know why she wouldnt consider my feelings in all this! and i have to see her at uni all the time :/

sorry if it confused anyone x
    I see.

Maybe your school mate wants to make new friends. I have three friends from my old school who are good mates that go to the same uni. One of them is in my course.

We all want to make new friends, so we hang out with different people. As far as I'm aware, my friends don't give a **** that we don't see as much of each other as we'd like, I know I don't.

Maybe its a guy thing. Possibly clingy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.