Turn on thread page Beta

Adele - a tad bit overrated? watch

ReputationRep:
    What do you think? I mean I do like her, but there are plenty of other singers out there who are just as good, if not better. Her recent chart success seems a little OTT in my opinion.

Also, doesn't she remind you a bit of Alison Moyet? Despite Moyet being a much better singer.

ReputationRep:
    I love her music but I was a little bit disappointed when I listened to the whole of her recent album...
    There are some great songs on there but some of them just don't quite match up.

However I still think she's a great singer and deserves her success.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think she's overrated, I really like Adele. Unlike many modern 'singers', she can actually sing, and her lyrics are often quite meaningful. I also think she looks so much nicer than the generic tarty looking x factor hopefuls you see ten a penny nowadays.

A little bit yes, but they have different voices so I think it would be difficult to compare.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not usually a fan of music like Adele's but it's not just her and her singing voice that is good, it's her songs and the stories they tell. I like her

ReputationRep:
    Who's Adele?

ReputationRep:
    I love her, though I much prefered her first album to her most recent one.
    I think she's worked hard to get where she has got, so her success is very much deserved.

To be fair, with the advent of the level of technology we have today and people being able to put their music out there, I think it's VERY to be a truly original artist.

ReputationRep:
    Adele's awesome :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think she is. She has an amazing voice, and meaningful lyrics.
    The album 21, maybe a little. It has some really good songs on there, but some of them don't show of her voice as well as others.

ReputationRep:
    What!? That woman is a saint. A saint I tell you.

ReputationRep:
    At least she doesn't use auto tune (I don't think)...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe biased because I've liked her for quite a while now, loved her first album and her voice in general. She seems like a genuine person too, and isn't trying to be something she's not I guess?
    But yeah I really like Adele

ReputationRep:
    she is yeah, and 'rumor has it' is THE most annoying song ever

ReputationRep:
    I fell in love with her after the 'Someone like you' song

ReputationRep:
    Like other people have said, I really like her and her voice is amazing.

I wouldn't call her overrated, but I think radio stations are over playing her songs... Kinda killing them

ReputationRep:
    Ever since the Brits she has had a bit of overexposure, but her performances of "Someone Like You" on there and on Comic Relief were really spine-tingling. She's got a good voice though, and she's better than fecking Duffy.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think she's overrated. She's incredibly talented. But I'm getting a bit sick of hearing her on the radio all the time.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    She could do with cheering up a bit.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No.

You're welcome.

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a huge fan if I'm honest. She obviously has a good voice, I'm not denying that, but for me personally, I like all-round performers. Freddie Mercury she ain't.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean for this to sound as sexist as it inevitably does, but............... All our modern female singer songwriters are overrated. We are all looking for our generation's Joni Mitchell but it just isn't there. If any of the current crop of female solo artists were men, we would never have heard of any of them.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.