Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have got an english controlled assessment a week from Tuesday. I only knew about this last week and I am freaking out as I don't feel very prepared. I have 2 hours to write a funny article for a magazine about any topic I like, talking about how annoying it is. I have chosen wolf-whistling however it is really about misogyny (men being sexist about women). The title of this piece is Don't get me started on... I would appreciate some constructive criticism about what I have written so far and what I can write about. There is a lot of sarcasm.

Wolf-Whistling, don’t women just love being leered at by a perverted builder, with half of his bottom sticking out of his paint splattered jeans? It’s just one of men’s hobbies along with leaving half-eaten pizza crusts stuffed down the sofa and drinking beer after beer until they’re so blind drunk, they cannot walk straight. I, mean, what’s not to love about wolf-whistling? Women are just playthings of men; they are practically useless without a man in their lives. I mean, where would the world be without men? Where would women be without posters on their bedroom walls of Justin Bieber or Brad Pitt? Where would women be without the lure of six packs?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.