Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone out there with a Piano Exam tomrrow ?

Im **** scared because I haven't practised as much :O

ReputationRep:
    ahh the dreaded piano exam! what grade you doing?
    and no mine isnt tomorrow i was supposed to but then decided against it lol

ReputationRep:
    I did mine on Saturday. It wouldn't of went well, but I didn't understand what the examiner said, asked him then panicked and messed up two scales eek.

Good luckk!! Just practice practice practice. Just keep practising and think ahh this time tomorrow (i'm assuming your not taking it at 9pm! ) I get to do whatever I like and no more piano for a few days.

ReputationRep:
    OP, what grade are you doing?

Just go in there and have fun! Unless you're applying to music college, nothing really rests on your exam. Try to relax - do some simply breathing exercises. And tonight keep practising any passages you're having trouble with, or any tricky scales.

(No, I don't have a piano exam tomorrow. I had a clarinet exam on Saturday though. I was absolutely terrified before going in, but I had the sweetest examiner ever and the exam went well.)

ReputationRep:
    Doing Grade 3 Piano for those who asked, Its not too high of a Grade, but hey, its something most people don't have :P

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, you probably should have practised more though. I did Grade 1 when I was about 10, was totally intimidated by the examiner, couldn't sight-read to save my life and fluffed the tune I was best at so had to start over. Barely scraped a pass!

ReputationRep:
    My exam is in like 20 minutes, and im just about to leave now..

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg *panic*

I'll keep you updated when I come back in 1 hour ..... Im scared

ReputationRep:
    OH
    MY
    GOD
    Well basically, I was so nervous my fingers started shaking,

on my 2nd piece i made a mistake near the end and then stopped for like 5 seconds and started off at the same point again
    THEN
    for my scales He told me to play B flat minor , but then I started to play E flat minor then I realised half way through and played B flat.
    THEN
    I dont even know if my aural went well, and my sight reading was proper slowwwww

Im scared I failed now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cogman)
    OH
    MY
    GOD

on my 2nd piece i made a mistake near the end and then stopped for like 5 seconds and started off at the same point again
    THEN
    for my scales He told me to play B flat minor , but then I started to play E flat minor then I realised half way through and played B flat.
    THEN
    I dont even know if my aural went well, and my sight reading was proper slowwwww

Im scared I failed now.
    I'm sure you've done fine! Loads of people screw up in their exams - don't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cogman)
    OH
    MY
    GOD

THEN
    THEN

Im scared I failed now.
    I truly feel for you, mine was last week, to make it worse for me I made mistakes on every piece, so one mistake is fine and we all get nervous, with one scale, in told me at least five times before I knew what it was, and I played the wrong one, must have though I was pure daft. My aural didn't go well either so, you are not the only one. So, it could've been a lost worse, I don't think you failed, they are a lot less harsh in terms of grade three then you probably think. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Also, don't worry! For my piano exam a few years ago, the scale syllabus had just changed but I didn't know that - so the examiner asked me to play a scale I didn't know. I'd never even heard of it, and the examiner walked over to the piano and patronisingly demonstrated it for me... Still passed though (...just!)

Also, they're not trying to fail you. Apperently it looks bad on their records if they fail too many candidates!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lintu93)
    I'm sure you've done fine! Loads of people screw up in their exams - don't worry about it
    Sounds like you did it better than me.
    I misunderstood what the examiner meant, which means he had to show my on the piano what he means. I felt so dumb and no idea if he's going to penalise me for that. Then I fluffed up my chromatic scales because I was so worked up about the earlier incident. =/

ReputationRep:
    I did my saxophone grade 4 and i was asked to do G sharp melodic minor.... i started on G sharp, then on the way down i played G minor X) I got a merit on that exam.
    The thing is, as long as you were convincing when you played, and put lots of dynamics in i'm sure you'll be fine

oh and on my Jazz grade 8, in the sight-reading I played the rhythms wrong BOTH TIMES it came up but carried on, and got full marks on it :eek: so i'm sure you'll be fine ^_^

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.