The Student Room Group

Do i need the extended project?

I put the Extended Project on my UCAS... but never actually did it.

I've put Royal Holloway down as my firm and under requirements all it says is 'Pass A Levels with ABB'

Does this mean that i definitely dont need it, and i just need ABB to get in?

Thanks a lot!
Yes, you just need A-levels at ABB. However it might be worth letting them know you are not doing the extended project anyway as if you don't get a result for it, they could assume you lied on your application which they can kick you off your course and out of the university for.
(edited 13 years ago)
You should inform them you have no completed the extended project.
Ok thankyou, any idea how i should say it in the email? Ahhhh
Can they take my offer away from me?
Reply 5
Original post by allaboutdrama
I put the Extended Project on my UCAS... but never actually did it.

I've put Royal Holloway down as my firm and under requirements all it says is 'Pass A Levels with ABB'

Does this mean that i definitely dont need it, and i just need ABB to get in?

Thanks a lot!

You only put down the qualifications on UCAS in which you have received certificates for. As simple as that... easy as ABC/123 :wink:

Good luck buddy!

Edit: Yeah, ring them instead. It's easy. It'll get sorted there and then. Email would be long because you'd have to wait a day to receive an email and you'll have to think about what you're going to write. Now think about it... Easy way or the highway? Easy being phone and highway being email. I had a problem with my UCAS and they sorted it out through phone and I've firmed SHU and insured SHU.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
I don't think that they can withdraw offers unless you actually lied.

It depends where you mentioned the extended project:
If it's in your personal statement, they don't care
If it's under the qualifications section, you'd better ring them up and let them know.

Perhaps I'll see you at RHUL this September?
Reply 7
Also: don't send an email, phone them up in the middle of the day.

Unis love the personal touch.
Original post by fibrebiz
I don't think that they can withdraw offers unless you actually lied.

It depends where you mentioned the extended project:
If it's in your personal statement, they don't care
If it's under the qualifications section, you'd better ring them up and let them know.

Perhaps I'll see you at RHUL this September?

Its in the qualifications section, under my predicted grades :frown:

oh god i've already emailed them. i'm so worried now they are going to take my offer away :frown: its not as if they have specifically asked for it though?

i hope i see you there this september!!
Oh god i've already emailed haha FFSSSSS
Reply 10
Don't worry, I don't think they'll take it away - It's only an extended project.
It's your A-Levels that they REALLY care about.

Still, there's nothing further that you can do, so why not crack on with your subjects while you wait?
Reply 11
ahh I'm in exactly the same boat. Where did you apply to and what did they say??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending