The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Garth Heads accommodation 2011/2012?

Anyone else staying here this year?

Looking forward to meeting new people! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Me and my friend are off to Newcastle to have a look tomorrow!

If everything goes well we should be booking soon. We have to go in a three bed apartment with somebody else as it stands, a little worried that we'll get somebody bad. :s-smilie:

Have you been there? What did you think?
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
I sent my application off today! Excited :smile:
Reply 3
Also, JamieEclipse, you could just go into a 5/6/7 bed flat with your friend and people you don't know? That might be better!
Original post by eja14
Also, JamieEclipse, you could just go into a 5/6/7 bed flat with your friend and people you don't know? That might be better!

Too late, booked! Apparently we're with a second year who asked for quiet people, should be fine! We're in a top floor apartment too, the stairs could prove to be a pain but hey, better views and less noise.

I'm at Newcastle uni doing Computer Science btw, might see you during Fresher's week! :yy:
Reply 5
You'll be fine and I'm sure your neighbours will be nice too! You never know, it might be me! How soon after you've booked do you find out which flat you're in etc? Roll on Freshers :smile:
Not sure, we just found out because we asked, we haven't seen the exact flat we're getting but we saw the floorplan and it's pretty much the same as the display flat. We know it's top floor but not which block. :\

If you're a takeaway+movie or drinks+multiplayer kind of guy (/girl?) you're totally invited round! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Think I'll email asking in a week or so then, they must be sick of me bombarding them with questions! I want one of the massive rooms but the smaller ones would do the job just as well I suppose :smile:
Well I'll probably be taking you up on that offer! Where are you from anyway?
Reply 8
hey guys, what flats you's in? I'm in flat 21 :smile:
Don't know which flat yet, might try to find out!

Me and my friend are both from Carlisle. I'm originally from Leadgate (County Durham) and my friend's originally from Brighton. (uhh... down.)

Everybody else?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Hey,
I am JamieEclipse's friend

From what I remember we are in flat 31!

Btw anyone going to Newcastle college?
Reply 11
Jealous that everyone else already knows which flat they're in!
Reply 12
...Flat 15 :smile:
Original post by eja14
...Flat 15 :smile:

Woo, now you don't have to feel left out! :smile:

Although I don't know if Mcgrat's vague memory is correct...

I'm just pretty chuffed that we're on the top floor. No heavy-footed upstairs neighbours for us. Just attic monsters. I shall befriend them.
Reply 14
im going too newcastle college (DrMcGrat). what course you doing?
Reply 15
Heeeey, I'm in flat 22!

Check out the group on fb i made 'GARTH HEADS 2011/2012', hopefully we'll get loads of people and everyone will be able to find their flatmates!

When are people moving in?
Original post by jemmajustice
Heeeey, I'm in flat 22!

Check out the group on fb i made 'GARTH HEADS 2011/2012', hopefully we'll get loads of people and everyone will be able to find their flatmates!

When are people moving in?

You came back! :eek::biggrin:

I'm moving in ASAP I think, what is it, 1st September?
Looking forward to it.
Reply 17
I think the move in date is the 5th, I'm hoping to move in then :biggrin:

I'm excited!
Yup I can't wait to get there and meet people. I'm also looking forward to seeing what my room will look like with all my stuff in it, seeing what my course is like and uhh... going shopping?

That's pretty sad but I've never had to buy all of my own food before, new frontier! And there's that one awesome Peep Show episode about it. Definitely up for night time shopping then nightclub and bowling. :biggrin:

Also sorry but I don't have Facebook. I'd join the group if I did though. :yy:
Reply 19
Me too, it looks like quite a lot of people are gonna be moving in on the 5th!

Ahhh I have a feeling I will end up starving, I hate food shopping!

Quick Reply

Latest