Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is probably only relevant to girls!
    Okay, so this is a little bit embarassing, I suppose, but I've been trying to wax my armpit hair, and it doesn't really seem to work! Like, the wax strip doesn't really pull any hair off and the wax just stays there!
    So girls, do you wax your armpit? And if so, do you do it yourself? What am I doing wrong?

ReputationRep:
    I can't wax my armpits to save my life, same problem as you. Think if you lie down and pull your skin tight it should work better.
    I just shave mine as cream always makes them red raw

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest shaving. It's dead simple and only takes a sec

ReputationRep:
    Nah, shave them - much easier, I don't think it's possible to wax without having more than two hands available!

ReputationRep:
    Waxing lasts much longer than shaving, although shaving is probably easier, you can always ask a friend/sibling to wax your armpits for you. It doesn't take long and its not painful either! I can't wax myself either, i'm useless hahaha, i always get other people to (usually a beautician though, but if it's only for your armpits there's really no point)

ReputationRep:
    Epilate, lasts as long as shaving does only takes 5mins.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been able to wax my own either, but I've had them waved professionally which worked. I epilate them now though; it doesn't hurt too much after the first few times :P
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    epilating your armpit hair is best, i've found. i am lazy and just shavei n the winter but its a godsend in the summer!

ReputationRep:
    I really recommend going to a salon first time, then once they do it once you should be able to do it from home

I did that ^ and now i can easily epilate the hairs without any trouble

ReputationRep:
    I've always shaved them, but you end up having to do it so often and it gets pretty hairy as well so I thought I would try waxing. Glad I'm not the only one with problems!

I was thinking of epilating but its so painful (I tried it, very briefly once!) But I might try it again, when the hairs are still short-ish.

ReputationRep:
    lighter and petrol :mmm: works a treat :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Shaving is easier, and actually do-able with only one hand free

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.