Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared to revise. Everytime I have revised for something I've always come off worse and exam results have suffered because of it! What do I do? How on Earth do I go about this whole revision malarchy??

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I know how you feel because I panic and I kind of hide myself from the world come revision time and pretend it's not actually needed, saying to myself I have two more days to the exam, it's fine. Or I panic revise which is worse because your adrenaline shoots up, your body goes into shock (this sounds weird but you won't notice it do this) and you won't take a single word in. First thing you need to do is basically calm down, get yourself into a really calm place by doing whatever helps you and then revise. Revise with other people around, music on, the TV on, pets near you, whatever because it will help you feel a lot less alone and a lot less scared.

Don't revise in huge big chunks, the best way is to revise for half an hour or so and take a ten minute break. Especially don't revise the night before or the morning/afternoon before the exam because that will make you panic worse and make you feel like you haven't learnt anything (even though you have).

The best piece of advice I can give is to talk to people you know about this, you're not alone, everyone is terrified of exams. Talk to your parents, talk to your subject teachers, who can help you revise and maybe spend extra time with you to help you. Another good way is to revise with other people from your class, test each other's knowledge, it's really helpful to riff off of other people.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you're doing it right.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.