Turn on thread page Beta

Which one do you find the most attractive? watch

Curvy refers to shape not the amount of fat, idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardees)
    actually a true hourglass figure is when there's an 8 inch difference between your boobs and waist, and between your waist and bum.
    8inch difference would look fairly boyish unless your measurements are all very small.

ReputationRep:
    3, then 2, then 1.

3 has a gorgeous face and a thick body, 2 has a good face and hot body, 1 is a bone, and no man wants a bone. Only dogs want a bone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TickTockBoom)
    8inch difference would look fairly boyish unless your measurements are all very small.
    women tend to have smaller waists in comparison to their hips, so an 8 inch difference would make them an hourglass. men don't have much difference between their chest and waist and hips, maybe about 3 inch..

ReputationRep:
    To be fair number 3 looks like a filthy lass, proper naughty look on her face so that places her even with 2 in my books, 1 is just a boy due to being a rake

ReputationRep:
    women tend to have smaller waists in comparison to their hips, so an 8 inch difference would make them an hourglass. men don't have much difference between their chest and waist and hips, maybe about 3 inch..
    Speak for yourself, my chest is over 14 inches bigger than my waist and my arse is mahoosif so I bet there is a fair difference with my hips too

ReputationRep:
    Even on a tiny 32-24-32 frame an 8 inch difference is only 0.75 waist/hip ratio which is not super curvy, on anything bigger it will most definitely look relatively straightish.

Usually a 10-12 inch difference will equate to an hourglass figure, i.e. 34-24-34, 36-25-36, 38-26-38, etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently 36-26-36 (I yo-yo by a couple of inches), thats a 10 inch difference both ways but my waist to hip ratio is only 0.72 so not super curvy at all. 8 inch difference with my hips and bust would be a 28 inch waist and 0.77 whr and defo would look pretty straight up and down. On a bigger woman with say a 32 inch waist and 40 inch hips it would be a 0.8 ratio and probably look kind of apple shaped.

Super curvy would be like a video girl with a 25 inch waist and 40 inch hips or something, 15 inches difference and waist to hip ratio of 0.62.

Blokes tend to have more than 3 inches between their waists and hips unless they have a bit of a pot belly, I think you are forgetting that the buttocks add inches to the hip measurement. As for chests, my boyfriends is about 14 inches bigger than his waist, although he is naturally broad and works out. Still, 3 inches sounds pretty unrealistic.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently 36-26-36 (I yo-yo by a couple of inches), thats a 10 inch difference both ways but my waist to hip ratio is only 0.72 so not super curvy at all. 8 inch difference with my hips and bust would be a 28 inch waist and 0.77 whr and defo would look pretty straight up and down. On a bigger woman with say a 32 inch waist and 40 inch hips it would be a 0.8 ratio and probably look kind of apple shaped.

Super curvy would be like a video girl with a 25 inch waist and 40 inch hips or something, 15 inches difference and waist to hip ratio of 0.62.

Blokes tend to have more than 3 inches between their waists and hips unless they have a bit of a pot belly, I think you are forgetting that the buttocks add inches to the hip measurement. As for chests, my boyfriends is about 14 inches bigger than his waist, although he is naturally broad and works out. Still, 3 inches sounds pretty unrealistic.
    I was talking about guys, just the normal ones who don't work out a lot. I've heard the perfect measurement for a girl is 36-24-36 http://www.listal.com/list/the-hourglass-figure but yeah, you're right. it has to be more than 10.

apple shaped is more bum and less boobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Speak for yourself, my chest is over 14 inches bigger than my waist and my arse is mahoosif so I bet there is a fair difference with my hips too
    hahaha i was talking about guys in general, didn't take powerlifters into consideration, sorry

ReputationRep:
    I was talking about guys, just the normal ones who don't work out a lot. I've heard the perfect measurement for a girl is 36-24-36 http://www.listal.com/list/the-hourglass-figure but yeah, you're right. it has to be more than 10.

apple shaped is more bum and less boobs.
    Its not about the number of inches, its about the ratio of the two measurements.

Apple shaped is narrow hips, possibly a relatively large ribcage and broader shoulders, and a tendency to carry weight in the stomach and breasts rather than the thighs hips and ass.

Pear shaped is a small upper body frame, slim waist, smaller boobs and a tendency to store fat in the thighs, hips and ass.

A true hourglass is equal width shoulders and hips, a waist to hip ratio of 0.7 or below, and full breasts that are proportionate to the rest of the body.

This isn't an exhaustive list of female body types though, and plenty of people are all kinds of crazy hybrids of different features.

ReputationRep:
    The only problem with 3 is she's been photoshopped so she has a pea head.
    And could people please stop using curvy as a euphemism for fat.

ReputationRep:
    Curvy

Fat

The fat girls may well be considered curvy if they had less fat and maintained curvs, but in general curvy is about shape not about weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Curvy

Fat

The fat girls may well be considered curvy if they had less fat and maintained curvs, but in general curvy is about shape not about weight.
    I'm impressed at how little of the fat girls weight has gone to her face. I reckon if I was that size I'd have at least three chins.

ReputationRep:
    I'm impressed at how little of the fat girls weight has gone to her face. I reckon if I was that size I'd have at least three chins.
    Its just trying to stay away from her mouth lest it be eaten

ReputationRep:
    2 --> 3 --> 1

ReputationRep:
    On a bigger woman with say a 32 inch waist and 40 inch hips it would be a 0.8 ratio and probably look kind of apple shaped.

Exactly! My bf measured himself and found he had measurements approx 40-32-40 so that's a good 8 inch difference between chest, waist and bottom and he certainly does NOT look like an hourglass figure!

ReputationRep:
    It's because she's a pear shape so all the weight goes to her hips, bottom and thighs before it goes to her face. If she was average weight her face would probably look too thin, it's a catch 22 situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swoleman)
    Myelf, and many other males put a lot of hard work in the gym to look better for you females and be more healthy in general, being an overweight male is generally frowned upon. Yet for some reason its okay for females to be fat, becuase its not fat, its 'curvy'. Its not hard for a 'curvy' female to lose a few pounds and return the favour to the males. So stop being lazy and get on the treadmill or something, and stop using the 'im curvy, therefore im a REAL (who the **** came up with that? Probably a faty lol) woman' excuse.

Good day.
    So as a poor defensless woman I should be making sure I do whatever a man wants?:mad: To be honest I'd be glad not to be going out with a guy like that! There is nothing wrong with any of those 3 girls shapes or anybody elses for that matter.

People can look like whatever they want to so why be judgemental about it? I'm not ****ging you off for your size so why do that to others?!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.