Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys: girls who love sports Watch

ReputationRep:
    *Inspired by the 'Would you date a guy who was obsessed with Formula 1?' thread.

What do you think about girls who are obsessed with sports?

It seems to me that most guys like girly girls so I'm just wondering how you'd feel about your girlfriend sitting with you and your mates, watching football, for example, and yelling at the tv.

ReputationRep:
    :borat:

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    Off topic slightly, but it's funny when girls pretend to know something about a sport, or start watching a sporting event just to look cool (eg. last year's World Cup - I swear not that many girls cared about football last time I checked).

ReputationRep:
    MOTD > all so if she's down with footi highlights that's a definite plus! :cool:

Would never rule out dating a sporty girl but the chances of finding a girl who plays footi/rugby at uni standard for example, who's hot/not butch, is pretty low in my experience..

..that said, I like physical girls with toned physiques and it's awesome when you can share a sporting hobby together e.g. tennis/badminton
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well, I don't really enjoy sports. However, I don't mind sitting down on the sofa and watch it with my boyfriend and his mates.

ReputationRep:
    A girl in a football top, especially my club, or a colour that suits her :drool:

Girls can still act feminine whilst wearing sporty stuff, watching sports or being sporty themselves.

ReputationRep:
    There's like 14 girls who ride in the village. Several of them are aiming for pro as I am, and so they too are obsessed.

Whilst I'd never date any of them (purely for the reason of, if we broke up, we hang around each other all the time so it'd be awkward), I wouldn't mind a girl who had that passion about a sport at all.

Girl's without, however, equally as fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    There's like 14 girls who ride in the village
    How many of them are 'hot', e.g. really attractive, be candid!

ReputationRep:
    It's quite attractive. As long as it was a hobby and not pretending to like the sport because of a tournament (World Cup 2010 anyone?)

not my kinda thing, sorry....

ReputationRep:
    No, except cheerleaders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    How many of them are 'hot', e.g. really attractive, be candid!
    Oh, some of them are stunning.

I'd say 8, possibly 9, are really attractive. The other 5, whilst not ugly, have that more "tom-boy" look about them.

They are by no means ugly, but they definitely go for that "style".

It depends if you like that style; then you'd probably find all 14 attractive. :dontknow:

If she is into extreme sports, footie, baseball etc etc then I'll marry her... I have yet to find a girl that fits though

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 8, possibly 9, are really attractive
    Yeah right! Got any proof!?

Man totally dig biker chicks! One of me ex's had a monster Ducati and looked hot in leathers!

ReputationRep:
    I love watching football, I have to watch every MOTD, MOTD2, and most Football League Shows. I also love watching rugby and cricket. But playing them (and ultimate frisbee ) is even better!

ReputationRep:
    Would never rule out dating a sporty girl but the chances of finding a girl who plays footi/rugby at uni standard for example, who's hot/not butch, is pretty low in my experience..
    You'd be surprised. I played rugby at uni and have ever since I left, and I've known/ know a few that are stunning and could easily be models, and most of the rest are perfectly decent-looking. Sure, there's a few that were/are butch and probably wouldn't be attractive to most guys, and the proportion is probably higher than in a sport like tennis or badminton, but still. You'd be surprised.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah right! Got any proof!?

Man totally dig biker chicks! One of me ex's had a monster Ducati and looked hot in leathers!
    Different type of biking. As you probably knew.

Proof? Well, I'll double check with them if its OK for other's to check.

If not, you'll just have to take my word for it they're fairly attractive. :cool:

Still, as I said, I'd never date them.

ReputationRep:
    Different type of biking
    Aye, if owt your type of biker's gonna be more likely to have a nice physique aye

Still, as I said, I'd never date them.
    I can understand that, if it's a small community within a small community, kinda asking for trouble.. mind you this is coming from the guy who dated the girl next door! (lived opposite) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    You'd be surprised
    Don't get me wrong, it's just from what I've seen at a select few unis! I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions

(Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    the proportion is probably higher than in a sport like tennis or badminton, but still. You'd be surprised
    Little disappointed with the proportion in these sports at my uni if I'm honest! hehe, mind you there is one lass who has beautiful eyes/smile

ReputationRep:
    Aye, if owt your type of biker's gonna be more likely to have a nice physique aye

I can understand that, if it's a small community within a small community, kinda asking for trouble.. mind you this is coming from the guy who dated the girl next door! (lived opposite) :rolleyes:
    The former, very true. :yep: Still, I'm past the point of admiring now. Haha!

The latter: Yeah, a village is no place for that unless you rarely see the girl. I've dated a girl in the village before, but she went to a different school, and lived in the part I never went to for long, haha!

Also: I find them all brilliant, and we all ride together as mates and brought together about something we enjoy/live to do. :yep: It'd just make people feel more excluded if we were to date then break up, both of them probably wouldn't want to carry on coming out with. You know?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.