Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys: girls who love sports watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    It'd just make people feel more excluded if we were to date then break up, both of them probably wouldn't want to carry on coming out with. You know?
    Aye I know, can create tension in a group - I once had a group of mates like that, tho most of em weren't close mates so it certainly wasn't a case of bros before hos as far as I was concerned! :devil:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad4footie)
    *Inspired by the 'Would you date a guy who was obsessed with Formula 1?' thread.

What do you think about girls who are obsessed with sports?

It seems to me that most guys like girly girls so I'm just wondering how you'd feel about your girlfriend sitting with you and your mates, watching football, for example, and yelling at the tv.
    Heaven as long as she's shouting in support of my team/her own team which cannot under any circumstances be Manchester United.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Don't get me wrong, it's just from what I've seen at a select few unis! I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions

Little disappointed with the proportion in these sports at my uni if I'm honest! hehe, mind you there is one lass who has beautiful eyes/smile
    There are plenty of exceptions, I concur. I'd say the majority of rugby girls just look normal, particularly the backs (like me ) - after all, rugby is a strenuous game so being lean and fit is an advantage....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Don't get me wrong, it's just from what I've seen at a select few unis! I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions

Little disappointed with the proportion in these sports at my uni if I'm honest! hehe, mind you there is one lass who has beautiful eyes/smile
    I remember once at uni my team was on a social together and were all wearing the same kind of uni team t-shirts. Just as we crossed the road from one bar to another, a guy stopped and asked 'why are you all wearing the same colour t-shirt?' - our captain replied saying 'it's because we all play rugby together'. His response was, 'but... you all look.... really GOOD!'

ReputationRep:
    *Inspired by the 'Would you date a guy who was obsessed with Formula 1?' thread.

What do you think about girls who are obsessed with sports?

It seems to me that most guys like girly girls so I'm just wondering how you'd feel about your girlfriend sitting with you and your mates, watching football, for example, and yelling at the tv.
    i would be surprised but great! only if its either F1, Bouldering, rugby union/world cup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    There are plenty of exceptions, I concur. I'd say the majority of rugby girls just look normal, particularly the backs (like me ) - after all, rugby is a strenuous game so being lean and fit is an advantage....
    Well, front row are usually the exception, just like in the men's game; props and hookers aren't generally the fittest or most pretty I'm a flanker personally (who second-rows if needs be, despite not being tall enough really) so have to be on the move pretty much all the time when I'm not on the ground.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    I remember once at uni my team was on a social together and were all wearing the same kind of uni team t-shirts. Just as we crossed the road from one bar to another, a guy stopped and asked 'why are you all wearing the same colour t-shirt?' - our captain replied saying 'it's because we all play rugby together'. His response was, 'but... you all look.... really GOOD!'
    Haha, yes I've had that reaction quite a few times on rugby socials, as you probably know! Once when you were on your travels I told a group of men in a pub that I was off to a rugby social next, and their reactions were priceless! They all just kept saying 'but you're too slim, you're too pretty, surely you'd just be squashed!' It took me a good 10 minutes to convince them that I was serious. Then when I said that yes, there were a few big girls but that just made it more satisfying when I brought them down with a hard tackle, they laughed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    Haha, yes I've had that reaction quite a few times on rugby socials, as you probably know! Once when you were on your travels I told a group of men in a pub that I was off to a rugby social next, and their reactions were priceless! They all just kept saying 'but you're too slim, you're too pretty, surely you'd just be squashed!' It took me a good 10 minutes to convince them that I was serious. Then when I said that yes, there were a few big girls but that just made it more satisfying when I brought them down with a hard tackle, they laughed!
    The bigger they come, the harder they fall. Literally.

ReputationRep:
    Naah not for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JME10)
    Heaven as long as she's shouting in support of my team/her own team which cannot under any circumstances be Manchester United.
    Liverpool or Man city?

ReputationRep:
    I feel no passion for sports I liked watching the World Cup actually but definitely don't have time to watch matches on a regular basis. I love watching ice skating but again I literally watch one hour of TV a week so I don't have time to watch sports.

Edit: I like climbing and hiking (in summer). I'd love a guy who enjoys the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Off topic slightly, but it's funny when girls pretend to know something about a sport, or start watching a sporting event just to look cool (eg. last year's World Cup - I swear not that many girls cared about football last time I checked).
    I must say, I watched Englands last game, I care not for football or any sports, nor looking cool by watching sports, but I think it was just the atmosphere of suspense and adrenaline, and I rather enjoyed the game! But any other football game, nah.

ReputationRep:
    Yelling at the TV is for plebs so.. But I swear all the girls in my school's sport teams are hot. Correlation? I think so.

ReputationRep:
    my guy says that my interest in following + participating with him in sports (mostly running, tennis, volleyball in the summers,and a fair bit of football) was one of the things he found attractive ^^

ReputationRep:
    I have a passion for Horse Riding, I enjoy watching Rugby and many of my male Friends are really into Rugby (had a go @ playing when I was younger but ended up on the bench most of the time for tackling ppl - I didn't understand it was 'touch Rugby' ), I like Cars so watching Car Racing would be alright, I love watching the Olympics so basically any Sport that's on I'll watch and I'm always willing to learn about new Sports When I've had time I've been into Cycling, Swimming, Running, Hiking, Tennis, Netball, Badminton, had a go @ Footie, Hockey etc etc
    However, so far you have only mentioned Football/BMX-ing/Rugby things like that, it is possible for a girl to be 'girly' whilst being into Sports - Horse Riding keeps me very fit, and the majority of ppl who are into Horses are girls, yet nobody has even mentioned it yet
    Keep an open mind guys, isn't it better to have a girlfriend with interests other than herself?? lol

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool or Man city?
    Neither, Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JME10)
    Neither, Arsenal
    So you'd be alright with a Tottenham supporter? (Or how about Barcelona? Too soon?)

I'm not, am actually a Wolves supporter. And I think this shows that I am actually interested in the sport not just watching it like I watch so many of my friends did for the World Cup. Because, let's be honest, if I was doing it for a lad why on earth would I pick Wolves?! (A bit off-topic here; but Jarvo better be picked for the final squad on Tuesday else I'll be fuming)

Like someone posted before, I horse ride regularly and would count myself as sporty; I horse ride, play netball and occasionally badminton/tennis why would this put a boy off? Genuine question here, would like to know the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JME10)
    Neither, Arsenal
    me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steff_stephanie)
    So you'd be alright with a Tottenham supporter? (Or how about Barcelona? Too soon?)

I'm not, am actually a Wolves supporter. And I think this shows that I am actually interested in the sport not just watching it like I watch so many of my friends did for the World Cup. Because, let's be honest, if I was doing it for a lad why on earth would I pick Wolves?! (A bit off-topic here; but Jarvo better be picked for the final squad on Tuesday else I'll be fuming)

Like someone posted before, I horse ride regularly and would count myself as sporty; I horse ride, play netball and occasionally badminton/tennis why would this put a boy off? Genuine question here, would like to know the answer
    Haha yeah actually. I really don't have much against Tottenham at all. Being from North London i'm kinda pro both teams in a sense apart from when its derby time. I also wouldn't have a problem with a Barcelona supporting girl either.

As for your question, I have no idea. I'm sick to death of females I know around me who complain about their shape/size and the only exercise they do/hobby they have is walking down a high street to do shopping. Give me a sporty girl every day of the week

ReputationRep:
    In my experience no, but then again any guy I encounter who also likes football I tend to get into arguments with. Far too many Scousers round my way. *sigh*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.