Turn on thread page Beta

What comes to mind when someone says 'uni student' watch

ReputationRep:
    Drunken, loutish *****, really. The university student stereotype is formed by all the ********s pissing away the opportunity, so it makes sense such a term conjures that very image.

ReputationRep:
    A bunch of ignorant teenagers who think that by destroying windows and phone booths in London they will actually make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Young adults educating themselves in hope of a better future, whilst enjoying their last few years of freedom?

ReputationRep:
    People who are afraid of real life.

ReputationRep:
    From what I've viewed from the media, reader article comments and people in general.......

If you're under 23 :yep:

Intelligent
    Seeking to broaden intellectual horizons
    Cultured
    Ambitious
    Sociable
    Hard working

If you're over 23 :sigh:

Alcoholics
    A waste of taxpayers money
    Sex maniacs
    Anti-social
    Go to uni to do anything but learn
    Crack addicts
    Scape goat for all the countries ills

I've yet to meet a (a non-graduate working class) middle aged person who doesn't hold the views mentioned in the list above

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philistine)
    Drunken, loutish *****, really. The university student stereotype is formed by all the ********s pissing away the opportunity, so it makes sense such a term conjures that very image.

(Original post by WokSz)
    A bunch of ignorant teenagers who think that by destroying windows and phone booths in London they will actually make a difference.
    And here are my references for my prior post ^^

P.S :upyours:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Depends on which institution they attend.
    I agree with this. If someone says that they are an Oxbridge student, a different image is conjured up to when someone says they study at [insert less reputable institution].

It's quite sad how alcohol and druken behaviour are the first things that come to mind...

ReputationRep:
    Huh? We ****ging off students in a student forum? WTF?

What I think of is 18-24 year old girls away from home for the first time..... yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaW)
    'Eurgh'
    Aww the cat looks cute

ReputationRep:
    bump

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.