Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

If you could be invisible for one day, what would you do? watch

ReputationRep:
    Title is self-explanatory.

Definitely think I'd terrorise some annoying people I know, freak them out a bit. Maybe walk into a bank and steal a load of money!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Given the extent to which forensic science has advanced, invisibility would not be all that useful for the perpetration of crime - at least, not in the long term. You'd still leave behind flakes of skin, jacket fibres, hairs, etc. which would presumably be visible either as soon as they leave your body or at least at the same time as your body returns to its normal state. I couldn't rape girls because my bodily fluids would still be left at the scene of the crime. Pulling poltergeist-style pranks on people I know would only reinforce some of their stupid paranormal beliefs and make it even more difficult for me to like them. I guess I'd be left with getting into places for free, but many places have things like metal detectors and all kinds of other crap to prevent unauthorised admission that do not rely on direct perception.

I would try to manipulate as many social situations as possible. If a guy and a girl were into each other but lacked the courage to admit it, I'd engineer it so that the truth came out in an accidental fashion; if there was a hobo in the street, I'd incapacitate him, give him a suit from a rich guy I mugged earlier and set him up with a job interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by November 11)
    Hmm. Given the extent to which forensic science has advanced, invisibility would not be all that useful for the perpetration of crime - at least, not in the long term. You'd still leave behind flakes of skin, jacket fibres, hairs, etc. which would presumably be visible either as soon as they leave your body or at least at the same time as your body returns to its normal state. I couldn't rape girls because my bodily fluids would still be left at the scene of the crime. Pulling poltergeist-style pranks on people I know would only reinforce some of their stupid paranormal beliefs and make it even more difficult for me to like them. I guess I'd be left with getting into venues for free, but many places have things like metal detectors and all kinds of other crap to prevent unauthorised admission that do not rely on direct perception.
    Fun successfully killed.

ReputationRep:
    I would go around and feel up any fit girl I came across. I would pick the pockets of a few unlucky individuals and would go around generally nicking from shops. If I was feeling in a particularly vindictive mood I would also cause harm and disruption to certain people's lives.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I think I'd
    just
    stay indoors and watch cartoons like a regular day.

ReputationRep:
    Go to a cheesy 80s 'hairbrush heroes' night and dance like no one really was watching. I've embarrassed myself before at retro places when they occasionally give the obscure Gary Numan songs I don't know a rest and put on Funky Town

Go round all the museum exhibitions they make you pay for.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Given the extent to which forensic science has advanced, invisibility would not be all that useful for the perpetration of crime - at least, not in the long term. You'd still leave behind flakes of skin, jacket fibres, hairs, etc. which would presumably be visible either as soon as they leave your body or at least at the same time as your body returns to its normal state.
    Could be overthinking this one mate, they wouldn't know who they were looking for. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Lots and lots of rape.

ReputationRep:
    Punch people in the face as they walk past lol it'd be so funny to deck someone and drop them to the ground

ReputationRep:
    Oh many things

Not suitable for TSR viewing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeylfc1989)
    Could be overthinking this one mate, they wouldn't know who they were looking for. :confused:
    You don't have to know who you are looking for. You sweep a crime scene for all evidence, and when things like CCTV footage do not provide any relevant data, logically you would proceed to check all evidence obtained for DNA, fingerprints, etc. - all of which you will have left behind, in spite of being invisible. You only have to know that you are looking for someone, and since a large sum of money will have disappeared for no good reason, they will look for the culprit. That is why the perfect crime can only be achieved by implicating someone other than the perpetrator, or leaving absolutely no trace of yourself at a crime scene whilst fabricating an alibi.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to know who you are looking for. You sweep a crime scene for all evidence, and when things like CCTV footage do not provide any relevant data, logically you would proceed to check all evidence obtained for DNA, fingerprints, etc. - all of which you will have left behind, in spite of being invisible. You only have to know that you are looking for someone, and since a large sum of money will have disappeared for no good reason, they will look for the culprit. That is why the perfect crime can only be achieved by implicating someone other than the perpetrator, or leaving absolutely no trace of yourself at a crime scene whilst fabricating an alibi.
    Meant to quote you, not neg you sorry (using my phone).
    Doesn't really work like that though unless you have a criminal record?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...l_DNA_Database

Also, just wear a full-body suit. Trust me, we can pull off the most beautiful of crimes if we can get this invisibility sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Given the extent to which forensic science has advanced, invisibility would not be all that useful for the perpetration of crime - at least, not in the long term. You'd still leave behind flakes of skin, jacket fibres, hairs, etc. which would presumably be visible either as soon as they leave your body or at least at the same time as your body returns to its normal state. I couldn't rape girls because my bodily fluids would still be left at the scene of the crime. Pulling poltergeist-style pranks on people I know would only reinforce some of their stupid paranormal beliefs and make it even more difficult for me to like them. I guess I'd be left with getting into places for free, but many places have things like metal detectors and all kinds of other crap to prevent unauthorised admission that do not rely on direct perception.

I would try to manipulate as many social situations as possible. If a guy and a girl were into each other but lacked the courage to admit it, I'd engineer it so that the truth came out in an accidental fashion; if there was a hobo in the street, I'd incapacitate him, give him a suit from a rich guy I mugged earlier and set him up with a job interview.
    If you're gonna kill the fun in my robbing a bank plan, I will do the same to yours!

Chances are you wont be able to get a hobo an interview without a cv, phone number or address. Also, it will take more than a suit to clean him up (shaving, hair cut, washing etc) which will cut into your day of invisibility. Not only this, but the hobo would probably be drunk and would freak out at an invisible person talking to him and would either run away or try to bottle you.

ReputationRep:
    Be able to tie my shoe laces in public without looking like a retard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeylfc1989)
    Meant to quote you, not neg you sorry (using my phone).
    Doesn't really work like that though unless you have a criminal record?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...l_DNA_Database

Also, just wear a full-body suit. Trust me, we can pull off the most beautiful of crimes if we can get this invisibility sorted.
    I didn't even notice. And hmm, chances are that invisibility would require a full-body suit anyway, so why not.

(Original post by Charliee :))
    If you're gonna kill the fun in my robbing a bank plan, I will do the same to yours!

Chances are you wont be able to get a hobo an interview without a cv, phone number or address. Also, it will take more than a suit to clean him up (shaving, hair cut, washing etc) which will cut into your day of invisibility. Not only this, but the hobo would probably be drunk and would freak out at an invisible person talking to him and would either run away or try to bottle you.

To be honest, I think I'd
    just
    stay indoors and watch cartoons like a regular day.

ReputationRep:
    Pretend to be God and scare/control religious people. lol I'd probably be cruel to do this but...nahhhh. God it is :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.