Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got a "visit day" along with an interview on Wednesday, for automotive engineering, just wondered if theres anything particular I should expect in an interview and what to prepare for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamestrep)
    Got a "visit day" along with an interview on Wednesday, for automotive engineering, just wondered if theres anything particular I should expect in an interview and what to prepare for
    I talked about sport for like 25 minutes. Interview was only meant to be 15. Asked a few basic engineering questions like where was the fulcrum etc. Seriously nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well I do a bit of sport but not a lot really. So it was more general engineering and mechanics questions than specific ones about Automotive parts or whatever?

ReputationRep:
    Went into mine last year expecting questions based on my personal statement, but it turned out he hadn't actually looked at it. Just talked a bit about alternative fuels etc. and he asked me what I liked about cars, why I wanted to do the course, why I wanted to go to Loughborough and about my work experience. Didn't go as well as I'd hoped, but still got an offer and am here now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrrell9)
    Went into mine last year expecting questions based on my personal statement, but it turned out he hadn't actually looked at it. Just talked a bit about alternative fuels etc. and he asked me what I liked about cars, why I wanted to do the course, why I wanted to go to Loughborough and about my work experience. Didn't go as well as I'd hoped, but still got an offer and am here now.
    I have my interview for the same course in 2 weeks so just wondering if you have any other tips? Did they expect you to be really knowledgeable?

ReputationRep:
    Just take it easy, it's just a casual discussion, nothing more. I was asked to describe a piece of engineering I really liked, so I chose the plastic chair he was sitting on haha... Just be friendly and polite etc etc

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.