Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I had unprotected sex on the first day of my period. It is probably irregular at the moment because I only came off the pill about 1.5 months ago, I bled a couple of days after I came off the pill, and then I had (what I believe to be) my real period this week. My period only lasted 3 days. It has been 7 days since I had sex. Is it likely that I would have ovulated during that time? Most say it is highly unlikely during a period, but now I think about it, if my cycle is trying to get back to normal after coming off the pill, I could have ovulated during my period?

Considering that my period only last 3 days, does that make it more likely that I could be ovulating?

Also people say that sperm can live in the body for 5 days, even 7 days, under the right conditions? What are the right condition? I expect period is not a good condition for sperm!

unless your cycle is <21 days it's unlikely (ovulation occurs 14 days before the first day of bleeding) but you can't be certain it was your period.

Is it likely to have a really heavy painful period that is not a real period? Usually fake ones are quite light, aren't they?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I had unprotected sex on the first day of my period. It is probably irregular at the moment because I only came off the pill about 1.5 months ago, I bled a couple of days after I came off the pill, and then I had (what I believe to be) my real period this week. My period only lasted 3 days. It has been 7 days since I had sex. Is it likely that I would have ovulated during that time? Most say it is highly unlikely during a period, but now I think about it, if my cycle is trying to get back to normal after coming off the pill, I could have ovulated during my period?

Considering that my period only last 3 days, does that make it more likely that I could be ovulating?

Also people say that sperm can live in the body for 5 days, even 7 days, under the right conditions? What are the right condition? I expect period is not a good condition for sperm!
    Ahhhhh so glad there's a thread about this! I have a funny story actually. So my boyfriend and I hadn't had it in a while and I was just coming off my period so we just decided to get on with it but we used a bit of lube just to make it a bit more comfortable but then the condom slipped off cos i think the lube eased the edge and neither of us felt it and we changed positions but i noticed it was suddenly a bit try so I asked him to pull out so i could apply some more... turns out there was no condom! so we were looking around for this condom for ages and couldn't find it and he was like 'wait is it in you?' and i checked and i couldn't feel anything but we kept looking and we were just like where IS this condom! and i checked inside me again but further up and i felt the rib yes the condom was actually stuck inside me and we'd continued having intercourse so now i'm really worried and i haven't taken the morning after pill or anything. I think chances of getting pregs on your period no matter whether you're coming off the pill are pretty slim! You;ll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous)
    ahhhhh so glad there's a thread about this! I have a funny story actually. So my boyfriend and i hadn't had it in a while and i was just coming off my period so we just decided to get on with it but we used a bit of lube just to make it a bit more comfortable but then the condom slipped off cos i think the lube eased the edge and neither of us felt it and we changed positions but i noticed it was suddenly a bit try so i asked him to pull out so i could apply some more... Turns out there was no condom! So we were looking around for this condom for ages and couldn't find it and he was like 'wait is it in you?' and i checked and i couldn't feel anything but we kept looking and we were just like where is this condom! And i checked inside me again but further up and i felt the rib :s yes the condom was actually stuck inside me and we'd continued having intercourse so now i'm really worried and i haven't taken the morning after pill or anything. I think chances of getting pregs on your period no matter whether you're coming off the pill are pretty slim! You;ll be fine.
    best f****ing story ever!

ReputationRep:
    do a pregancy test (read the instructions about the earliest pregnancy they can detect.)

You may well have got away with it this time, but NB unprotected sex = trying for a baby, whether you do it during your period or not.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.