Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting into women's knickers seems to occupy an absurd amount of men's existence Watch

ReputationRep:
    how far do you agree with this statement?

i fully agree with it and if women were less shallow, less picky and a bit more easy (not meaning that in a rude way), it would occupy less of men's existence.

ReputationRep:
    Its biological. If we don't have sex then we have failed at passing on our genes. It is the main driving force for most, if not all species.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Its biological. If we don't have sex then we have failed at passing on our genes. It is the main driving force for most, if not all species.
    'All' sexually reproducing species at least...

But then why is the same not quite so true for females?

ReputationRep:
    It is a nice place to be though, in fairness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xarcul)

I always thought the women are the 'choosers' i.e. they choose who they mate with out of the selection available to them. They don't usually have to go looking for a male as the males always come to them.

Also a male will try and get several females pregnant as it increases the chances of him passing on his genes.

ReputationRep:
    Hear Hear :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I always thought the women are the 'choosers' i.e. they choose who they mate with out of the selection available to them.
    Only in western culture do women have the luxury of choosing

ReputationRep:

- Women were designed to have one sexual partner, get pregnant... then repeat.

- Men were designed to sew their seeds as much as possible and with as many different females as possible!

Saying that, I still think it's no excuse and us men need to, well, man up and stop being dogs...

I'm still gonna try and pull as much as possible though

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, or we just wanna ****. Pretty sure i don't want to get anyone pregnant :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I always thought the women are the 'choosers' i.e. they choose who they mate with out of the selection available to them. .
    Give the guy status/money or both and I guarantee you he is the one choosing.

ReputationRep:
    Not really.
    I have a girlfriend, of my time spent with my girlfriend, i'd say maybe 5% of that time is trying to have sex (as in, i'm horny.. she isn't)

When i was single, figure was probably less.

24 hours in a day.
    6 hours clubbing on a night?
    1 hour talking to women that night?
    So like 4% at most when single.

Just sayiiin

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it takes a lot of hard work and luck to (a) find a good (whatever that means to you) girlfriend and (b) establish a genuinely loving relationship with them. Or at least it does for me.

Nowadays, after having been screwed over so many times by women, I rarely bother making that effort. Me heart can't take no more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddle Me This)
    Only in western culture do women have the luxury of choosing
    Yeah, but this is nothing to do with biology, this is social factor. Biologically speaking all women are choosers.

(Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
    Give the guy status/money or both and I guarantee you he is the one choosing.
    Very true. But thats only because he will be more attractive to women. The average guy doesnt usually have as much choice.

ReputationRep:
    Even if women made it easier, you still wouldn't get laid and then you'll feel like an even bigger failure.

ReputationRep:

It is, they just don't show it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robotwars)
    if women were less shallow, less picky and a bit more easy (not meaning that in a rude way), it would occupy less of men's existence
    Does not compute - if anything it'd occupy more of men's existence as there'd be even fewer single ones! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely biological. However it does seem to take up most of me s time and money.

I think a lot of men don't really trouble themselves much with anything more important like philosophy or the like which requires deep thought, hence the narrow minded goals.

ReputationRep:

i fully agree with it and if women were less shallow, less picky and a bit more easy (not meaning that in a rude way), it would occupy less of men's existence.
    So women must lower their standards so men can get their heads out of the gutter and move on from their obessions? Yeahhh, I don't agree with the statement.

ReputationRep:

If women's were like this, or more like this I should say, then I think men would spend more time trying to get with women, because it would be easier to sleep with them.

I mean think about it, what you described is what a lot of men want women to be.. that's going to correlate with more effort to get the woman; in this case it might be less effort, however more time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.