Turn on thread page Beta

Deep down, no parent wants their kid to be gay watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well actually I wouldn't mind. I'd prefer it if they were bi-sexual rather than gay but that's only because it would be nice to feel I have the chance to be a grandmother. Obviously I know that they could adopt but the child wouldn't be blood so I wouldn't feel 100% like a proper grandmother. But I'd get over it. These days I don't think sexuality can be so simple, that it can't be just plain black or white. I see sexuality like a spectrum, some people can fall in the middle and it's just certain circumstances that could change where you fit on the spectrum.

So basically, I wouldn't mind if my child were gay at all. And there isn't any point trying to contradict me and tell me that I'm lying or something because I seriously know I wouldn't have a problem with it. Homosexuality isn't like a problem you just have to deal with, it's who you are and nothing can change that and I'm going to be accepting and supportive towards my child no matter who they are (unless they're like a druggey, murderer or rapist and I'd like to think that I don't raise my children to turn out like those type of people!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.)
    Not really. Nothng that other species dont already do in their own way.

Should expect this sort of behaviour from a Cardiff fan tbh, they are known in football circles for being *****.
    Yep. Quite a bit actually.

In anycase, why is it bad that something isn't "natural". Us being able to use computers and a series of networks to communicate isn't natural. Us living in brick houses with comfortable beds is not natural. Etc Etc.

And rofl. Going to ignore me just cos I'm a Cardiff fan? lols.

ReputationRep:
    My parents think I'm a lesbian :lol:
    I think my dad wants me to be so I don't get taken advantage of by those nasty manipulative boys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    I really think that's completely untrue in my experience
    Well your experience isn't my experience. I can only call what I've seen.

Of course, honesty on this forum isn't appreciated, is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Yep. Quite a bit actually.

In anycase, why is it bad that something isn't "natural". Us being able to use computers and a series of networks to communicate isn't natural. Us living in brick houses with comfortable beds is not natural. Etc Etc.

And rofl. Going to ignore me just cos I'm a Cardiff fan? lols.
    Who mentioned ignoring you? I think you need to learn how to read!.

Some birds use sticks as tools, that is natural, and that is effectivly what we do.

Our houses are just the equivalent to a birds nest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.)
    Who mentioned ignoring you? I think you need to learn how to read!.

Some birds use sticks as tools, that is natural, and that is effectivly what we do.

Our houses are just the equivalent to a birds nest.
    Oh come on.
    How about plane travel?
    Or exploring space?
    Or the internet (as I mentioned).
    Or driving?
    Or the millions of other things we do and use, that are not natural, but no one has a problem with.

ReputationRep:
    Would not mind if my child was gay. Not in the slightest. Yes they may have to face discrimination and prejudice at some point in their life by some people (a lot of whom seem to be on this forum) but it would only make them a stronger person in the long run.

It is corny but as long as they are happy who cares

As for being a grandmother, again who cares. Who is to say that if your child was straight they would want children?! It isn't your choice to be a grand mother you either are or you aren't and quite frankly I would be proud of my son/daughter if they adopted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Wow, talk about putting words in my mouth! What I wrote means that some gay parents are likely to be fine with their kids being gay?

I've heard this before and can empathise, would never be so bold as to suggest that all gay parents would be fine with their kids being gay! :rolleyes:
    Yeah, no, I know you weren't saying that, I only said it because it follows from what you said even though I didn't think you would believe it. I said it so you could hopefully see how your choice of words changes the meaning. Now you're saying 'would be fine with' it makes more sense and changes the meaning. Also I would be perfectly fine with my child being gay from a personal point of view, I just think it'd make life easier for them to be straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesse_Mac)
    I said it so you could hopefully see how your choice of words changes the meaning
    Heh, you said it because you had the wrong end of the stick dude.. I didn't change the meaning of owt I just made it easier to interpret correctly.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I'd be a bit gutted because I'd probably be looking forward to grandchildren.

I don't think I'd see my child any differently, however.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, you said it because you had the wrong end of the stick dude.. I didn't change the meaning of owt I just made it easier to interpret correctly.. :rolleyes:
    The title was 'no one wants gay children', you replied 'except a gay parent'. Do you understand the word 'want'? It's not the same as 'would be okay with'. The latter is passive, the former is an actual desire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student)
    Lol, that must have been an interesting conversation :rolleyes:
    it was strange :L
    I was like, 'why are you asking me?'
    haha, almost pissed tbh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesse_Mac)
    The title was 'no one wants gay children', you replied 'except a gay parent'. Do you understand the word 'want'? It's not the same as 'would be okay with'. The latter is passive, the former is an actual desire.
    ..except a gay parent perhaps?
    Oops!

I do indeed understand the word 'want', among others.. such as 'misinterpret', 'misquote', 'misguided', and 'misanthrope' :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddle Me This)
    Yes I do think that. Your carpet munching days will be over in a few years, and then you will look back at this little phase with embarressment.

If you wear skirts and high heels you are NOT a Lesbian and don't try to tell me otherwise
    Yes and the fact that she has long hair too, what a no no!:eek:

....Seriously WTF!
    Please tell me you are joking?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You_Missed_a_Bit)
    Yes and the fact that she has long hair too, what a no no!:eek:

....Seriously WTF!
    Please tell me you are joking?!
    This is the standard test to test female homosexuality and is used by social scientists and academics all over the United States.

Q. Do you look like the women in these pics -

A. No, then you are an attention seeking/ confused young woman, who is following a fad and will likely get over their phase after a year or two.

A. Yes, then you are a lesbian.

Source - A comprehensive study of lesbos - Journal of Psychology (1992) Vol.3, No.2, pp 235

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddle Me This)
    This is the standard test to test female homosexuality and is used by social scientists and academics all over the United States.

Q. Do you look like the woman in this pic -

A. No, then you are an attention seeking/ confused you woman, who is following a fad and will likely go stright after a year or two.

A. Yes, then you are a lesbian.

Source - A comprehensive study of lesbos - Journal of Psychology ( 1992) Vol.3, No.2, pp 235
    Okay I'm just going to smile and wave, cause you clearly don't have a clue! lol! :p:p

**** what if you are a bisexual? I'm guessing that means you shave half your head??!

ReputationRep:
    Oops!

I do indeed understand the word 'want', among others.. such as 'misinterpret', 'misquote', 'misguided', and 'misanthrope' :rolleyes:
    The word 'perhaps' doesn't affect the meaning of the sentence, you're saying maybe the parent wants it, maybe they don't. It doesn't mean 'disregard what I said, I meant to say the parent might be okay with it'. Jesus. Also I was paraphrasing to try and make my point clearer for you. Seeing as it's clearly not sinking in I'll go through it a little slower.

Thread title: "Deep down, no parent wants their kid to be gay"
    Your response "..except a gay parent perhaps? "

Let's stop here. What this says, assuming we're going by the standard rules of English, is 'perhaps a gay parent would want their child to be gay and perhaps they wouldn't'. It doesn't mean 'a gay parent might express no homophobic/heterophobic preference'. You're providing gay parents as the (possible) exception to the rule that 'no parent wants gay children' which is exactly equivilent to saying 'some gay parents might want gay children, some won't.'

Do you see what I'm saying now? I wouldn't be so pedantic if you weren't being so stubborn when you can see for yourself how you're blatantly wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmon93)
    My parents think I'm a lesbian :lol:
    I think my dad wants me to be so I don't get taken advantage of by those nasty manipulative boys
    Exactly how my father feels, and he's told me so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.)
    How the **** can it be natural?

The human race would die of it enough of the likes of you existed. Luckily your in the minority.

No other animal is stupid enough to be homosexual.

You are just confused in the head.
    Not everyone has to reproduce for a species to grow. And no worries, we have an overpopulation problem, so we won't die out.

Hundreds of other species have been observed practicing homosexual behaviors. There's nothing special about humans.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...new-study.html
    http://www.livescience.com/1125-homo...ls-closet.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...exual_behavior
    etc...
    http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx

ReputationRep:
    I think it may not be not wanting their children to be gay, more a wish to be grandparents.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.