Turn on thread page Beta

Deep down, no parent wants their kid to be gay watch

(Original post by Riddle Me This)

Nothing but a phase, juvenile experimention. I bet you winced the closer her muff ws to your face.
    I feel so sorry for you. You are trolling so hard but you're still green.

Maybe try some terrorist stuff over in the ask a muslim thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I just knew that someone would miss the point spectacularly on this thread.

Oh look, you've contradicted yourself within two sentences.

Complete and utter rubbish.
    If it's rubbish then please explain to me why female homosexuality/bisexuality/curiousity is not looked down upon so much then? I've seen girls get with other girls in pubs and clubs being egged on by spectators. I know a lad who kissed another lad who then got beat up for doing it.

Female homosexual behaviour is nowhere near as stigmatised as male homosexuality.

ReputationRep:
    Before it becomes a reality, I would agree. After they find out, however, I would tend to feel that rule doesn't hold true for many parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)
    If it's rubbish then please explain to me why female homosexuality/bisexuality/curiousity is not looked down upon so much then? I've seen girls get with other girls in pubs and clubs being egged on by spectators. I know a lad who kissed another lad who then got beat up for doing it.

Female homosexual behaviour is nowhere near as stigmatised as male homosexuality.
    I would tend to disagree. That scenario you are describing there is often not genuine female homosexuality; many straight girls do that for that precise reaction. But genuine female homosexuality I feel isn't widely accepted in society: females tend to be more accepting of male homosexuality than females, whilst large groups of men don't tend to integrate a lesbian into their ranks. Homosexuality amongst males is even becoming accepted more and more amongst heterosexual men, so I feel there really is a lot of movement in that front. For lesbians, I haven't seen the same widespread movements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    heterosexuality is "normal"... normal is the average, the majority of people (and other animals) are heterosexual.
    most people as they become older become more conservative. so, yes, the kid might think that being gay is cool and kind of nifty. but an oldster would think, heck i'm not going to have grandchildren. and i'm not going to have a calm collected child to help me in old age, i'll have some fashion-obsessed nincompoop. and the other guys are going to wonder if my sperm is a bit sub-standard. so, yeah, i think it is true that no parent wants their kid to be gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redreynard)
    most people as they become older become more conservative. so, yes, the kid might think that being gay is cool and kind of nifty. but an oldster would think, heck i'm not going to have grandchildren. and i'm not going to have a calm collected child to help me in old age, i'll have some fashion-obsessed nincompoop. and the other guys are going to wonder if my sperm is a bit sub-standard. so, yeah, i think it is true that no parent wants their kid to be gay.

...really? Just..really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)

I really think that's completely untrue in my experience

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellymichelle)
    its not really up to you.

and to answer the OP,
    it really does depend
    i mean i know people that have been kicked out for being gay
    but i also know people who's parents couldnt care less.
    like mine for example.
    obviously i dont know if deep down they wouldnt prefer if i was straight but at the same time, they never changed in any way towards me.
    they werent surprised and they were supportive all through it.
    my girlfriends mum i think even likes having a gay daughter.
    its just each to their own i suppose.
    I think you shall find it is.

ReputationRep:
    My parents are pretty liberal, but my mum actually admitted she was disgusted when I told her I was bi

ReputationRep:
    I don't want my kids to be gay. Good point OP, it definitely seems true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.)
    I think you shall find it is.

i think you shall find it isnt

ReputationRep:
    I was planning on having a few children and shunning the gay one. Is that cool with you OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    My parents genuinely genuinely do not mind in the slightest.

If anything I'd say my dad is slightly pleased.
    Can I ask how that works, o mighty mod.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammyface)
    My mum has so far been very supportive and understanding of both me being bisexual and transgendered. My dad is supportive about the bisexual part, but he married a woman who used to be a lesbian, so I suppose that's why. He doesn't know about the trans* part yet, but I'm working on that.

Being gay or bi or trans doesn't affect who you are in the slightest. As long as my child would be safe, I don't care who they'd want to climb into bed with or whether or not they'd be cisgendered. It wouldn't matter to me in the slightest - they're still the same person.
    Jesus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellymichelle)
    i think you shall find it isnt
    1 It's not natural.
    2 It is.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I'd love my kids no matter what. And I would not mind in the slightest if my kid was gay, boy or girl. I'd love her/him no matter what. I would want grandchildren, but gay people can adopt... it's not hard to work out.
    So no matter what the outcome, they're your kids at the end of the day... You're MEANT to love them no matter what. I have no time for people who'd want to press judgement upon their children.
    to me, it's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I think a big reason for most parents would be the fact they wouldn't have grandchildren(well..odds are very slim, especially if the child has come to terms with their sexuality early on.).

ReputationRep:
    I'd want my kid to be happy, if that means being gay then good for them.

ReputationRep:
    I also think that for many parents it's not that they don't want their kids to be gay, it's just they are not expecting it...

ReputationRep:
    They dont want their children to be gay because the fear of losing their family genetic line. Its an evolutionary instinct.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.