Deep down, no parent wants their kid to be gay watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeographyEllie)
    my mum asked if my sister was a lesbian :yep:
    she's not :L
    Lol, that must have been an interesting conversation :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellymichelle)
    hahaha. yes it is natural otherwise people wouldn't BE gay.
    you cant possibly understand being gay unless you are gay so don't try and pretend you know ANYTHING about what its like.
    please never have a kid... youre the biggest ****er i think iv ever come across. now stop quoting me and if you do again i wont read it cause i really couldnt care less about your pathetic close minded opinions. jack ass :')

How the **** can it be natural?

The human race would die of it enough of the likes of you existed. Luckily your in the minority.

No other animal is stupid enough to be homosexual.

You are just confused in the head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helevorn)
    ...really? Just..really?

helevorn, this is no fun. you're supposed to be outraged, not all understated and charming!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redreynard)
    helevorn, this is no fun. you're supposed to be outraged, not all understated and charming!
    Lmao, sorry fox, I'm no queen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doivid)
    I was trying to make the point that the incidence of homosexuality is large enough so that being homosexual could be described as normal. You expect a certain significant proportion of the population to be homosexual. If 1 in 3000 people turned out to be homosexual then I would accept that it wouldn't be normal (to be homosexual) but it seems to me that, since it occurs in around 1 in 20 people (95% hetero, as I have seen elsewhere on this thread), it is wrong to say that homosexuality isn't normal.
    you have a point, quite a few people are gay, but on the other hand:-
    let us use an analogy with the spread of intelligence in the population.
    5% of the population are homosexual. but are they normal?
    5% of the population have an IQ below 70. these people are considered to not be normal. they are given the official designation, "educationally subnormal".
    so by that analogy being homosexual is not normal.
    it could be argued that we are happy to label stupid people as being not normal, because we do not appreciate their contribution to society. but you could make the same argument about homosexuals. although they have definitely played their part in terms of intellectual accomplishment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helevorn)
    Lmao, sorry fox, I'm no queen
    i'm proud of my last post on this subject. i've dressed up a nasty sentiment under the clothing of a dandy academic argument. yes, i'm no fox, i'm playing the part of a wolf - a clever one in a sheep's outfit!!

ReputationRep:
    Vote honestly on the poll then people: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1587884

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.)
    How the **** can it be natural?

The human race would die of it enough of the likes of you existed. Luckily your in the minority.

You are just confused in the head.
    i realise i said i wasnt going to respond to this but i couldnt resist, because i think its hilarious at the fact you so naively said that when many animals are in fact gay or bisexual idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankio)
    Nobody 'wants' to be gay either, because it isn't, never was and never will be a choice.
    if i had any reps left i would so rep you for this

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=L i b;30557000]I just knew that someone would miss the point spectacularly on this thread.

What was the point, then, if you would?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I just knew that someone would miss the point spectacularly on this thread.
    What was the point, then, if you would?

ReputationRep:
    I'm at odds that homosexuality should still be viewed as a controversial issue. That being said, parents don't have the power to determine whether their children's sexuality. You are who you are. You could come from the most homophobic family you might end up gay. Personally, if I ever have children, I wouldn't care about their sexuality - I would love them for who they are. Sexuality doesn't determine your intellect or behaviour etc - that's a load of bull****. Dammit, why can't we all get along? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.)
    1 - rofls. Shows how stupid you are. All you have to use in google to figure out you are wrong.

2 - There are quite a few things that we do that other animals do not, but are total natural.

ReputationRep:
    If I was a parent I would have to admit that I'd find it difficult to hear that my child was homosexual but I would still love them just as much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xarcul)
    Firstly, that's assuming a hell of a lot. You cannot possibly hope to accurately predict how society's attitudes will change in the future. Secondly, there will still always be those groups of people who will treat homosexuals with unfair distaste.

Finally, your second paragraph is entirely moot and irrelevant to this discussion
    If people want to be prejudiced then let them be prejudiced. It's a stupid reason to not want your kids to be gay.

ReputationRep:
    I think a parent would rather see their children be happy with who they are, than unhappy at what society might want them to be.

ReputationRep:
    I recently came out the closest, though only because I got bored of hide and seek and wanted to play another game. Monopoly anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Saying 'I don't want my child to be gay' isn't homophobic on the basis of if you didn't want them to be discriminated against/suffer more because of it. However, if you don't want your child to be gay for about any other reason, then it is homophobic. I don't know about anyone else, but saying you'd prefer a straight child, just sounds a little sad. What if your child came out, you said to them, 'I love you unconditionally,' and they found out that, deep down, you don't fully accept them, or had wanted them to be straight. Yes, it isn't homophobic, but you aren't exactly the most open-minded person if you think that. I am a hypocrite though, because I'd want my child to be straight. xD

ReputationRep:
    I'm not raising my child for 18 years to find out he's/she's a queer.

No child of mine will ever be gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    1 - rofls. Shows how stupid you are. All you have to use in google to figure out you are wrong.

2 - There are quite a few things that we do that other animals do not, but are total natural.
    Not really. Nothng that other species dont already do in their own way.

Should expect this sort of behaviour from a Cardiff fan tbh, they are known in football circles for being *****.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.