Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Give me a good recipe, and I will cook it :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I'm wanting to stray from my comfort zone... give me a nice enough recipe and I will cook it tomorrow if the ingredients aren't too expensive

I'll upload pics.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I'll keep an eye on this thread. Great idea yet I wish I had a good recipe in mind for you!
    *University student that can't cook to save my life and misses mum's good old cooking* Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darcy)
    Ooh, I'll keep an eye on this thread. Great idea yet I wish I had a good recipe in mind for you!
    *University student that can't cook to save my life and misses mum's good old cooking* Sigh.
    I love trying to teach people how to cook, wish I could help! I always used to take up the kitchen cooking in halls

ReputationRep:
    Chicken Arrabbiata.

Diced chicken
    Sun Dried Tomatos
    Dried porcini mushrooms
    Onions
    Garlic
    Dried Basil
    Chilli flakes
    Tomato cooking sauce -dolmio is best i think.
    Parmesan cheese shavings

Best served with pasta al dente and garlic bread

Cook the chicken till the outside is just done then add chopped onions, garlic and basil.

Wait till the onion is starting to soften and then add the cooking sauce, chopped sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms.

wait to till the chicken is nearly done before adding the chilli and serve with pasta garnished with the parmesan shavings.

EDIT - you can decide for yourself how much of everything to use but I find 2-3 sun dried tomato's and mushrooms per person is best. About a chicken breast per person is usually enough.

ReputationRep:
    Yikes, perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to start wandering around this forum section. Feeling hungry already reading the suggestion above!

(Original post by insignificant)
    I love trying to teach people how to cook, wish I could help! I always used to take up the kitchen cooking in halls
    Awh, that's much appreciated though, thank you. Perhaps some day I'll bump into someone such as yourself to teach me. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Got a good website for you - it's called what the **** should I make for dinner?

Oops, links with swearwords in apparently don't work... It's whatthef***shouldimakefordinner. com (without the ***s obviously). Might give you a few ideas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Got a good website for you - it's called what the **** should I make for dinner?

Oops, links with swearwords in apparently don't work... It's whatthef***shouldimakefordinner. com (without the ***s obviously). Might give you a few ideas.
    new favourite website. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)

WTF kind of posh crap is that?

I clicked it like 10 times and all of them had posh crap. How about some nice simple food?

Srsly, what the ****ing ****
    Jambon de Bayonne, Baby Artichokes and Arugula

OP: curry. Fry chunks of chicken. Throw random vegetables in. Add curry powder, chicken stock, anything else you like. Make rice. Done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    WTF kind of posh crap is that?

I clicked it like 10 times and all of them had posh crap. How about some nice simple food?

Srsly, what the ****ing ****
    Jambon de Bayonne, Baby Artichokes and Arugula

OP: curry. Fry chunks of chicken. Throw random vegetables in. Add curry powder, chicken stock, anything else you like. Make rice. Done.
    Clearly it just doesn't like you. I clicked on it and got double lamb chop inferno, which sounds more up your street. Besides, OP wanted to challenge herself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.