Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If your partner had a one night stand, would you dump them or forgive them? Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'd never be able to trust that person again. Assuming it was my husband, I'd MAYBE try to stay with him "for the sake of the kids" at first, but I don't think it would work, because it would always be on my mind what he'd done, I'd never be able to just move past it, and I wouldn't want to be near him any more, so I think it's very likely that, even if I tried to make it work, it just wouldn't.

To be honest I don't think I'd even want to try though, I'd be too badly hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Dump.

ReputationRep:
    Hahah, it's funny to see the males saying "dump HER" and the females saying "dump HIM" without knowing if it is a he or she.

ReputationRep:
    Run a mile

ReputationRep:
    I would dump them every time. If they can be bothered to sleep with someone they don't even care about just for the sex it shows how shallow they are.

ReputationRep:
    Dump:dipsy:

ReputationRep:
    Dump. Once my trust is broken, it's hard to get it back and I would damage myself emotionally/mentally.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to forgive, but it was still cheating and the whole incident broke the relationship into pieces so it didn't actually happen.

If it were to happen again, dump. Nice and clean. Anyone who would do that to me whilst in a relationship is a waste of space.

ReputationRep:
    Is this a trick question?

ReputationRep:
    Ex girlfriend of mine cheated 6 months in, I forgave her, we lasted another year. However, didn't really get the trust back 100%, so now I would have to say cheating = you're out.

What if it was only a kiss as opposed to sex, oral, etc?

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine any situation were I would forgive.

(Original post by Munchies-YumYum)
    Hahah, it's funny to see the males saying "dump HER" and the females saying "dump HIM" without knowing if it is a he or she.
    Are you an idiot? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You are the weakest link, goodbye. 99% sure I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know what I'd do. If it was just a short term relationship, I'd probably not give him another chance. But I've been with my current boyfriend for five years, which complicates the issue. I love him so much I wouldn't want to not be with him, so I couldn't dump him. But the next time he touched me I'd feel sick about what he did. Pretty sure I'd be angry, upset and have **** self esteem for a while. If we stayed together, it would take a long time and loads of effort to build up any level of trust between us again.

ReputationRep:
    It's interesting that EVERYBODY says they would dump. But in reality, quite a lot of people forgive their partners for cheating. You always hear how so and so cheated but they're still together and he/she forgave them etc.

I always used to be quick to say I'd dump but a few years ago this happened to me and it was much harder decision. In the end I did end up breaking up with her, and in a pretty ruthless manner might I add, but it was tougher than I expected it to be.

ReputationRep:
    I'd know immediately what I'd do. Go with gut instinct.

If I see genuine remorse and honesty, I'd be tempted to give it one last shot: only then would I be able to find it within myself to truly forgive them. If I found out through another avenue, I wouldn't even give them an explanation for my leaving. I'd just go and never look back.

ReputationRep:
    Dump.

ReputationRep:
    Id forgive her - why not, we all make mistakes..but relationship would be over - dump

ReputationRep:
    duuuuump

ReputationRep:
    Serious answer: I'd forgive them. (Dependent on how much I loved them of course. And of how likely I felt they'd re-offend.)

Joke answer: I'd forgive them, then I'd tell them I'm going out on the pull until I have my own one night stand It's only fair!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Currently, I would forgive her if she told me strait away. In general I would probably break up with the person though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.