Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As you can tell I'm doing the edexcel spec. :P

My issue with essays on key issues/debates is that I tend to get As when I write super amounts of text. But clearly this is impractical as realistically under exam conditions I can't write that much.
    So lately I've been trying to make my points succinctly. The issue with that is, since I've been doing that I've gone from getting As to getting C/Bs (my predicted grade is an A, hence the 'issue' here =/).

So I was wondering if any of you would be willing to share your essay styles which allow you to make your points succinctly while getting you those As.

ReputationRep:
    1. Understanding the style: there are many styles of new test that can be assigned. Whether it's APA, MLA, Harvard, Turabian or any other make sure that you or the style manual or have seen how in-text citations and references online.

2. Fix: One of the biggest problems that many people have is that writing a decent essay, but then go back and check. Take the time to assess your grammar and spelling before you'll run into a teacher happy.

3. Check the spelling Yourself: This might sound like the number 4, but is a bit 'different. A spelling checker on a computer is great, but nothing beats the eye and a dictionary. Spell checkers can write the wrong word correctly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.