Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else really dislike D1 or find it hard - due to lack of motivation? I'm in the situation where whenever I attempt to learn it by the time I've got my head around it, I'll forget it as soon as I learn another algorithm. And on stuff like dikstras and shuttle short I need to keep up a ridiculously high level of concentration otherwise I make mistakes.

Anyhow its high risk but since I'm self teaching/taught the modules {FP1 94, M1 81, M2 ??} I could use M2 as a module instead of D1 in my AS Further Maths. I feel I am more likely to get 65 on M2 than (68 on D1 which is what I would need with S1 78 for an A).

So really I just need to check that this is possible: AS FM {FP1, M1, M2} (even though it contains an A2 module). And then A level Maths {C1 90, C2, 95, C3, 97, C4 ?? S1 78, D1 dyer}. This way hopefully my core modules make up for a dyer performance in D1.

All advice welcome.
    (By the way before anyone says learn C4, M2 and D1 really well, I would much rather learn C4 and M2/D1 well and then concentrating on Physics + Chemistry, cheers).

ReputationRep:
    I just did D1 im in year 12 and i got 84 UMS but I did a few past papers and got 98% on average, so I was actually really surprised and I'm retaking it , D1 is horrible in the terms of method marks you can lose up to 15 marks just by writing something in a wrong place I self tough M2, yesterday I did my first paper and got 91% to be honest I would rather go for m2 after studying c3 you will smash it, it's extended m1 and d1 is too boring you will be dead by the end of chapter 6 and revision is horrible so long like it would never finish. I really don't know ask other people but seriously D1 is easy, it is indeed but it can be a ***** at times so maybe go for a harder module so it will be easier as people are more likely to flop than trying to master D1 and besides you are doing physics, mechanics in physics will overlap with m2 so you do less revision. If you have any questions PM me. X

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.