Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    rite....this is really annoying----- ppl smoke tabaco and they say tat tabaco causes more harm than joints....but 1 joint is equuivalent to 4 !!! well...even tho joints r more relaxing....BUT AT DA SAME TIME 1000 times more harmful and dangerous!..then why da f**k ppl smoke joints!!!??? ok ..fine..... is alrite! but common...joints .......it aint of any use! its a waste of moneyy!!!!
    i need t hear ur comments peeps! !!!! bcz in my skool ppl say: i smoke only joints...i rarely smoke !
    wat do u guys think!
    cheers
    kisses fr da chiks out there!
    lol

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djscornful)
    rite....this is really annoying----- ppl smoke tabaco and they say tat tabaco causes more harm than joints....but 1 joint is equuivalent to 4 !!! well...even tho joints r more relaxing....BUT AT DA SAME TIME 1000 times more harmful and dangerous!..then why da f**k ppl smoke joints!!!??? ok ..fine..... is alrite! but common...joints .......it aint of any use! its a waste of moneyy!!!!
    i need t hear ur comments peeps! !!!! bcz in my skool ppl say: i smoke only joints...i rarely smoke !
    wat do u guys think!
    cheers
    lol

I believe that cannabis has a much higher tar content than tabacco, meaning that if smoked at the same rate, it would be more harmful in the long run. Cannabis is meant to be less addictive though, but the fact that it is still illegal adds this extra 'glamour' to it.

ReputationRep:
    wat do u guys think!
    cheers
    lol

I think you need get your facts right. It aint a THOUSAND...its 20 i think. BUT ANYWAYS do you drink??? If ya do why the hell do you do that??? My point exactly because you wanna...duh! (Not ****gind drink because i drink as much as i sell lol). People do things that aren't good for them all the time!! Learn to accept it mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    I think you need get your facts right. It aint a THOUSAND...its 20 i think. BUT ANYWAYS do you drink??? If ya do why the hell do you do that??? My point exactly because you wanna...duh! (Not ****gind drink because i drink as much as i sell lol). People do things that aren't good for them all the time!! Learn to accept it mate

It's a matter of perceived risks against benefits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    I believe that cannabis has a much higher tar content than tabacco, meaning that if smoked at the same rate, it would be more harmful in the long run. Cannabis is meant to be less addictive though, but the fact that it is still illegal adds this extra ' ' to it.

yea true dude...but i think its much more addictive than tabaco!! cannibis affects ur memory man! trust me ive seen ppl in my skool! and jst tday one of them got kicked out!lol! wt a muppet! thy found loads of and in his bag! lol! wt a muppet!
    lol

ReputationRep:
    yea true dude...but i think its much more addictive than tabaco!! cannibis affects ur memory man! trust me ive seen ppl in my skool! and jst tday one of them got kicked out!lol! wt a muppet! thy found loads of and in his bag! lol! wt a muppet!
    lol
    Smoking cannabis presents a real health risk, potentially similar to that of tobacco. Smoked cannabis has a higher concentration of certain carcinogens than smoked tobacco, and it tends to be inhaled more deeply.
    However, in general cannabis smokers smoke fewer cigarettes per day than tobacco smokers and most give up in their 30s.
    The chronic effects (released by the department of health) include damage to mental functioning (in particular to learning difficulties), which in prolonged and heavy users may not necessarily be reversible. A cannabis dependence syndrome has been identified in heavy users and the drug can exacerbate schizophrenia in people who are already affected. Not a very nice thought.
    It's quite surprising the number of people who seem to think it has been legalised as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    Smoking cannabis presents a real health risk, potentially similar to that of tobacco. Smoked cannabis has a higher concentration of certain carcinogens than smoked tobacco, and it tends to be inhaled more deeply.
    However, in general cannabis smokers smoke fewer cigarettes per day than tobacco smokers and most give up in their 30s.
    The chronic effects (released by the department of health) include damage to mental functioning (in particular to learning difficulties), which in prolonged and heavy users may not necessarily be reversible. A cannabis dependence syndrome has been identified in heavy users and the can exacerbate schizophrenia in people who are already affected. Not a very nice thought.
    It's quite surprising the number of people who seem to think it has been legalised as well.
    weell..... u smoke too but jst tabaco..not joints.... ive tried out joints too....but there aint anything tat interesting in joints

ReputationRep:
    weell..... u smoke too but jst tabaco..not joints.... ive tried out joints too....but there aint anything tat interesting in joints
    imean "i smoke too but jst tabaco"lol! m oin skool man! was typoing quickly!

ReputationRep:
    It didn't seem all that appealing to me either, just something that inevitably is tried out at university. Thankfully, everyone I know who smokes cannabis regularly doesn't (as far as I know) do harder drugs as well.

ReputationRep:
    whatever you smoke it's going to have some sort of effect on your body. Still can't work out why so many people smoke ****. ONe of my friends who happenes to be a nurse carried on smoking through both her pregnancies despite knowing full well what the risks were to her unborn babies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emom100)
    whatever you smoke it's going to have some sort of effect on your body. Still can't work out why so many people smoke ****. ONe of my friends who happenes to be a nurse carried on smoking through both her pregnancies despite knowing full well what the risks were to her unborn babies.
    Many people start off in their teens just experimenting and then get hooked on the nicotine. Originally, it makes them feel relaxed etc. but the addictive nature of the drug takes over and people need the nicotine just to feel normal. A gradual cycle of decline.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind people drinking as long as they can handle it and don't drink drive etc they are not really a problem to society. If you don't want to drink you don't have to. With smokers its a different matter as you are forced to breath in their smoke if you want to or not. This is why public smoking is probably my biggest pet hate. Its also such a turn off.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.