Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey guys, I was just wondering if there is a generally accepted time that masters applications should be received by an institution? I know it must vary a lot dependent on the university, but at what stage do courses start filling up?

Lots of people on here seem to be debating choices and which offer they should accept. To get an offer, I assume they must have passed the interview stages, which I assume means there was enough applicants to shortlist for interview?

I was just hoping to hear back at what point in the year it's acceptible to still apply for a masters with a realistic chance of acceptence. This'll help me better prepare myself for an application next year, or whether or not I should just crack on and risk going for a 2011 intake.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Best advice is to call up and ask if they have any places. It is VERY much dependant on the degree you want to do. E.g Accounting and Finance masters usually fill up before January.

You have nothing to lose by applying. Oh and many masters courses don't require interviews.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.