Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please keep anon, this is quite long and very personal. The more replies to get to this the better, I'm in an awful state.

I'm at university and found it really hard to fit in. A friend of my cousins goes to my uni and he introduced us to each other, and we really really got along. I considered him to be one of my closest friends and I only have around two of thise, and I also felt extremely attracted to him, I fancied him.

So, me being the silly immature girl that I am, decided to tell him this. He was put off and explained how I shouldn't get the wrong idea because he's only friends with me because my Cousin almost told him to, but I trusted him with everything and we had a lot of fun together. We've spoken since I told him this and the texts seem normal, but not as funny and enjoyable as they were before.

He also now has a girlfriend, meaning he wont have time to see me much anymore anyway. We used to always meet up near halls or on my campus, but now it's holidays and then exams, that wont happen, adding to the awkwardness.

We don't text like before, we don't meet up like before, we don't have that friendship anymore. He was my best friend and now he doesn't want to know me and I genunely have very few friends.

I feel like just ending my life, if he's not in it or there for me, I don't know what else to do.

I love him. He hates me and thinks I'm some annoying first year with a massive crush on him who he is only friends with because I had some family dficulties he knew about and because my cousin told him to.

Help.

ReputationRep:
    plenty of fishes left in the sea... NEXT!!

ReputationRep:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_O0EBF2MHPw...ahmbulance.jpg

ReputationRep:
    no one currs

ReputationRep:
    why are you all being so harsh to op?!
    i think youre a bit infatuated with him, he has a gf now and if you were the gf you wouldnt want him spending so much time with someone who'd confessed she wanted to be more than friends, would you? so maybe he's just taking her feelings into account.
    i think you need to concentrate on your other friends and doing other things. this isnt the end of the world and after a bit of time, im sure you'll grow in a friendship that's a bit more distanced , which would be good for both of you.
    *hugs*

ReputationRep:
    ok, if you haven't understood correctly, this subforum is for threads like this, so stop being douchebags and help op out

anyway, I think you should just try and forget about him and move on, it will take a few weeks maybe but once the transition phase is over, you will have found something to do to fill the gaps in your life, and maybe even found a new friend

for me it helps to stay around people when I'm down, and just think to yourself that in10 years time, you will tell this anecdote as a funny story at the dinner table

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.