Turn on thread page Beta

Bad mate? ..... Or did the right thing? watch

ReputationRep:
    So basically .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insomnia)
    So basically my friend tell his parents he's staying at my house when he wasn't and without my consent ... Instead he was out with his other mates, probs doing something he shouldn't ... his parents found out and got real pissed of ... Anywayz he calls me at 1:30 distressed and says can I have ur house number, I said kl .. wats up? he said my dad might phone ur house to confirm im staying over ... He said will ur mum cover for me .. I said no she would never do that .. and he said would ur sis lie for me|? iwas like mate it is 1:30 shes asleep and thats just wrong ... he calls me back and then says will u tell my dad im at urs via a 3-way conference call .. I said look mate im not getting involved in ur business I can't do that .. he was begging and I said look im not lying to ur dad .... Convo ended ... In hindsight i felt I shoulda been more pissed of instead of being kl with the situation ... Anyywaazz, this jus makes our friendship a lil awkward now as we're both in a prestigous course at a prestigous uni and i never expected him to get up to such **** ....
    Nah, he just needs to take his punishment like a man.

ReputationRep:
    If this was one of my guysss in that ive known them ages and know them quite well then MAYBE I would cover however someone I haven't known too long or don't really trust then it's not happening.

ReputationRep:
    If you're so keen on stressing how 'prestigious' your course and uni are, I'd expect proper English spelling and grammar in your post.

otherwise, wouldn't worry too much about it. he should have asked you in advance or at least he could have shared a bit more detail on why he wanted you to cover for him.

ReputationRep:
    I'd cover for one of my close friends. Wouldn't try and get any of my family to cover for them at 1.30 in the morning though.

ReputationRep:
    this jus makes our friendship a lil awkward now as we're both in a prestigous course at a prestigous uni and i never expected him to get up to such **** ....
    What does that have to do with anything?

I think you did the right thing. It's not up to you to cover for him. He needs to deal with the consequences of his decision, and you shouldn't feel bad for not wanting to lie for him. I think he is wrong to put you in that situation, and to ask you to put your family in that situation as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spritzelme)
    If you're so keen on stressing how 'prestigious' your course and uni are, I'd expect proper English spelling and grammar in your post.

otherwise, wouldn't worry too much about it. he should have asked you in advance or at least he could have shared a bit more detail on why he wanted you to cover for him.
    You ought to consider revising your own grammar first: start with a capital letter at the start of a sentence.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, you're both at uni and you both live at home and your friend needs permission from his parents to stay out at night? WTF?

ReputationRep:
    You ought to consider revising your own grammar first: start with a capital letter at the start of a sentence.
    aww if that's my only problem, then I've got nothing to worry about. :P

your post on the other hand.... argghh.... not meaning to be mean, but it's a pain to read anything when words aren't spelt out in their entirety!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spritzelme)
    aww if that's my only problem, then I've got nothing to worry about. :P

your post on the other hand.... argghh.... not meaning to be mean, but it's a pain to read anything when words aren't spelt out in their entirety!!!!
    It's like 4am dude.. I'm on a informal forum ... Not doing a uni assignment ....

ReputationRep:
    we're both in a prestigous course at a prestigous uni and i never expected him to get up to such **** ....
    For this reason I think that your mate's parents should chill the **** out

ReputationRep:
    That is not cool bro. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    yeah god. uni students should make our own damn decisions.. lol having to account for where you are at night? Machiavellian cover-ups, multi-layered cover-stories...!

ReputationRep:
    Tbh your friend should never have put you in that situation in the first place, ringing you up at 1.30am to try and get your family to cover for him? Messed up.

ReputationRep:
    you're both at a 'prestigious' uni on a 'prestigious' course yet you and your mate still have to ask for mummy and daddys approval?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.