Turn on thread page Beta

Which country should I visit un Europe? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Tbh, the only country in Europe I'm not that bothered about visiting is Belarus

If I absolutely had to pick favourites, however, and I could afford it, I'd go to (in no particular order);

Norway
    Iceland
    Portugal
    Spain
    Italy
    Greece
    Hungary
    Turkey
    Ukraine
    Macedonia
    Serbia
    Montenegro
    Poland
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Croatia

What kind of things are you into though? What sort of culture do you like? Do you prefer hot weather, or cold, or inbetween? Also, what sort of budget will you have?
    I don't like too cold or too hot! I would like warm or cool day.
    Would you tell me more about Italy and Hungary! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmamama)
    I want to go to Europe but I don't know which country to go. Please give me some advice, thanks!!
    try as many as you can, no border control due to EU rules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel_87)
    I recommend Spain (I'm spanish hahaha). Serously, a lot of places to visit, good beaches around the country, cheap places (but difficult for tourist), a lot of party places. Also Italy for example
    Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Germany :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    beautiful countryside? or a beautiful city? or a beautiful coastline? somewhere quiet or somewhere lively?

do you want to go to historic sites and museums? go shopping? go out eating and drinking?

do you want to go somewhere cheap, or is money not an issue?
    I would like to go shopping, go out eating and drinking.
    I also want to visit some countries or cities where are many beautiful view.
    I would like to go to somewhere cheap. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.M 27)
    ive been reading up in inter- railing and apparently eastern europe's got the best places. croatia, it seems, is a must
    Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aramiss18)
    I would go somewhere Serbia, Croatia or Sicily. If you want culture avoid Spain unless you are willing to research into the right areas (ie not the coastal regions) as in the summer most of the main Spanish tourist areas just become full of burnt and bloated fat people.
    hahaha
    OKOK Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rogercbinboy)
    Croatia would be my suggestion if you're after beauty, wonderful Islands/beaches and a great mainland. Dubrovnik's old town is also probably the nicest city centre I've ever been to.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    SCOTLAND! Only saying that because I live there maybe somewhere in Eastern Europe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGekko)
    Germany or France. They are so big so have plenty of variety. Plus they have a sewerage system
    Thanks!
    Would you tell me more about Germany and France?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    try as many as you can, no border control due to EU rules.
    Thanks!
    I also hope I can do so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwsomePossum)
    Germany :d
    Thanks!
    Have you ever been there?

ReputationRep:
    Well, you still haven't given anyone a particularly specific idea of what you like doing or want to do, so I'll just list the places I would personally recommend from what I've read (I've never actually been to either Italy or Hungary);

Italy - Rome, Florence, Milan, Pisa, Pompeii, Venice, Parma, Verona, Genoa, Arezzo, Assisi, Bologna, Cagliari, Cremona, the Cinque Terre, Herculaneum, Mt Etna, Modena, Padua, Paestum, Palermo, Perugia, Ravenna, Siena, Stromboli, Turin, Urbino...

Hungary - Budapest, Holloko, Heviz Lake, Sumeg, Veszprem, Aggtelek & the Baradla-Domica caves, Baja, Eger, Esztergom, Gyula, Kalocsa, Kecskemét, Pannonhalma, Pécs, Sopron, Szeged, Szentendre, Tata, the Börzsöny Hills, Tihany & the peninsula, Visegrád, Hortobagy...

Research them online, on the Lonely Planet website for example. Both are very interesting countries, filled with history and culture and natural beauty as well as places to drink or go shopping if you're into that. Italy at least also has some lovely beaches (I think Hungary does too, at Lake Balaton, but not 100% certain.)

ReputationRep:
    Prague, Czech Republic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielleT192)
    SCOTLAND! Only saying that because I live there maybe somewhere in Eastern Europe?
    Thanks!
    Could you tell me more about Scotland?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    Would you tell me more about Germany and France?
    Can you be a bit more specific into what you are actually looking for in a holiday? Because like I said, these two countries especially have a huge amount of variety and things to do. In that sense they are good for a road trip kind of holiday and seeing lots of interesting things.

ReputationRep:
    Well mainly Scotland's known for its lovely scenery, especially up north and in the highlands. There's loads of monuments and castles in different areas of the country that present parts of Scotland's history. It's great for camping & hill walking even if it's normally a colder climate than other places and Ben Lomond & the west highland way have been great experiences for me as I love walking! Here's a website for more detail http://www.visitscotland.com/guide/
    If you're looking for somewhere warm and sunny, then it's a better option going to another part of Europe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Well, you still haven't given anyone a particularly specific idea of what you like doing or want to do, so I'll just list the places I would personally recommend from what I've read (I've never actually been to either Italy or Hungary);

Italy - Rome, Florence, Milan, Pisa, Pompeii, Venice, Parma, Verona, Genoa, Arezzo, Assisi, Bologna, Cagliari, Cremona, the Cinque Terre, Herculaneum, Mt Etna, Modena, Padua, Paestum, Palermo, Perugia, Ravenna, Siena, Stromboli, Turin, Urbino...

Hungary - Budapest, Holloko, Heviz Lake, Sumeg, Veszprem, Aggtelek & the Baradla-Domica caves, Baja, Eger, Esztergom, Gyula, Kalocsa, Kecskemét, Pannonhalma, Pécs, Sopron, Szeged, Szentendre, Tata, the Börzsöny Hills, Tihany & the peninsula, Visegrád, Hortobagy...

Research them online, on the Lonely Planet website for example. Both are very interesting countries, filled with history and culture and natural beauty as well as places to drink or go shopping if you're into that. Italy at least also has some lovely beaches (I think Hungary does too, at Lake Balaton, but not 100% certain.)
    Thank you very much!!!!
    You help me a lot!
    I will try my best to search them on the Internet!
    Thank you very much!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    Have you ever been there?
    indeed so, and i hope to go again with air cadets, to some American air force base

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Prague, Czech Republic.
    They sounds great!!
    They must be very beautiful countries!
    Thank you!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.