Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGekko)
    Can you be a bit more specific into what you are actually looking for in a holiday? Because like I said, these two countries especially have a huge amount of variety and things to do. In that sense they are good for a road trip kind of holiday and seeing lots of interesting things.
    Would you tell me some beautiful place to visit in these two places?
    Or what kind of special delicious food in these countries?

ReputationRep:
    why has noone mentioned the netherlands???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielleT192)
    Well mainly Scotland's known for its lovely scenery, especially up north and in the highlands. There's loads of monuments and castles in different areas of the country that present parts of Scotland's history. It's great for camping & hill walking even if it's normally a colder climate than other places and Ben Lomond & the west highland way have been great experiences for me as I love walking! Here's a website for more detail http://www.visitscotland.com/guide/
    If you're looking for somewhere warm and sunny, then it's a better option going to another part of Europe
    Thanks!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    amsterdam, amsterdam, amsterdam
    prostitutes, weed, close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hardballer)
    why has noone mentioned the netherlands???
    Oh! It is a beautiful country!!
    I have watched some programs that they visit Netherlands sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmamama)
    Thanks!
    I also hope I can do so!
    i been on a holiday last year to 3 cities in europe by renting a car, i been to paris then to berlin while popping to Amsterdam on the way. brilliant holiday
    i also been to Rome. Valetta, Prague, London and by far Prague is the winner, you must visit Prague during the november season where they have a annual beer/wine festival in the tower square, beautiful atmosphere and wonderful city to explore. You will love Prague

ReputationRep:
    come to italy, not to miss venice, florence, rome and of course genoa.if u are planning to visit italy the first week of may you shouldn't miss Genoa's Yachts opening week....it's fantastic, with many tourists, and if u like the sea u could travel the "Cinque terre", "Portofino" and all what's in the middle, it's summer reminding, and very relazing, and rommantic in the evenings. hope it helps!

France

Go to the south for a more laid back party culture, lots of hot women (and men), take a day trip to Monaco too I prefer Cannes or Nice when I visit although this year I think I'm going to St. Tropez. My favourite place in France is my home city Paris... just don't speak in English 24/7 if you go... cheers

ReputationRep:
    Go Russia. Not exactly completely in Europe but it's a fascinating and beautiful country with a distinctly unique history.

ReputationRep:
    They sounds great!!
    They must be very beautiful countries!
    Thank you!
    Well Prague is the capital, lol. But Czech Republic looks like a nice place.

ReputationRep:
    Spain is amazing!! Great culture and also tons of places to party...

ReputationRep:
    Albania.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    eastern europe is where I'd be heading if I go this summer
    I agree with this person - Ukraine and Russia should be on your list.

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to Europe but I don't know which country to go. Please give me some advice, thanks!!
    Go to France (Paris).

Take the Eurostar from London St Pancras that will take you straight to Paris. It is more enjoyable than a flight and isn't really much slower considering in a flight you need to arrive in advance, takes 1/2 hour checking out and all...

The Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur, Hotel Des Invalides, Arc De Triomphe, Musee du Louvre (Mona Lisa), Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle, Disneyland,... are all things to see there. You will love it there for sure.

I was born in Germany and would say that there isn't really 1 place in Germany where you could see a lot. Maybe Hamburg or Berlin, but I don't know much about things to see in Berlin. Go Paris first and if you are interested in going to further European destinations, think of the followings:

Berlin
    Hamburg
    Amsterdam
    Brussels
    Rome
    Greece
    Spain

(in no particular order)

ReputationRep:
    Spain !!!! :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    i been on a holiday last year to 3 cities in europe by renting a car, i been to paris then to berlin while popping to Amsterdam on the way. brilliant holiday
    i also been to Rome. Valetta, Prague, London and by far Prague is the winner, you must visit Prague during the november season where they have a annual beer/wine festival in the tower square, beautiful atmosphere and wonderful city to explore. You will love Prague
    I wish that I could travel like you!
    I think it must be a wonderful place to visit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ani86)
    come to italy, not to miss venice, florence, rome and of course genoa.if u are planning to visit italy the first week of may you shouldn't miss Genoa's Yachts opening week....it's fantastic, with many tourists, and if u like the sea u could travel the "Cinque terre", "Portofino" and all what's in the middle, it's summer reminding, and very relazing, and rommantic in the evenings. hope it helps!
    Thank you!
    If I have a chance to take a trip to Italy, I will not miss them!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    France

Go to the south for a more laid back party culture, lots of hot women (and men), take a day trip to Monaco too I prefer Cannes or Nice when I visit although this year I think I'm going to St. Tropez. My favourite place in France is my home city Paris... just don't speak in English 24/7 if you go... cheers
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    Go Russia. Not exactly completely in Europe but it's a fascinating and beautiful country with a distinctly unique history.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asha_patel)
    Spain is amazing!! Great culture and also tons of places to party...
    Thank you!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.