Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    We should make anything up to 200, but I stick by saying that anything in 3 digits will be easily loseable against Murli. I bet he comes on after like 10 overs. :rolleyes:

How old is he anyway, because when he goes Sri Lanka are in trouble.

Oh, and I don't think Hair should Umpire full stop, he's useless compared to the others.

Let's hope we get some play soon.

Murali is 34 and I agree Sri Lanka are in the brown smelly stuff that isn't Guinness when he leaves. Having said that Malinga looks a raw talent.

David Shepherd and Steve Bucknor have always been my favourite umpires.

(Original post by Ataloss)
    Let's hope we get some play soon.

Murali is 34 and I agree Sri Lanka are in the brown smelly stuff that isn't Guinness when he leaves. Having said that Malinga looks a raw talent.

David Shepherd and Steve Bucknor have always been my favourite umpires.
    Malinga is ok yeah, but I bet sometime he does a reall really awful wide. I've seen Edwards do them when he lets go too late so it goes right across to where his arm ends up. That'll be funny.

Looks like their tail can bat though which is annoying. But Monty should sort them out, we need him at one end to get through the game after the bad weather.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Malinga is ok yeah, but I bet sometime he does a reall really awful wide. I've seen Edwards do them when he lets go too late so it goes right across to where his arm ends up. That'll be funny.

Looks like their tail can bat though which is annoying. But Monty should sort them out, we need him at one end to get through the game after the bad weather.

Malinga strikes me as one of those bowlers who will bowl some terrible balls in a spell and be hit all over the park and then produce a pearler than knocks out your off stump. His action does remind me of Edwards actually - I hadn't thought of that.

I would start with the 2 main strike bowlers (Flintoff and Hoggard) today and hope to get a quick breakthrough.

ReputationRep:
    Steve Bucknor lost all my respect after the Karachi debacle 2001.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch! Not a good session at all.

Only 1 wicket and Sri Lanka now 40 ahead. So effectively they are 40-5 - quite evenly poised although still hopeful of a victory.

ReputationRep:
    If SL get anything over 150, England could be in trouble.

ReputationRep:
    Nice, hopefully easy target for england to chase-80-odd. However, Tresco has got himself out.
    I was geting a bit worried before, but getting 5 wickets for few runs and finally England got them out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Nice, hopefully easy target for england to chase-80-odd. However, Tresco has got himself out.
    I was geting a bit worried before, but getting 5 wickets for few runs and finally England got them out.
    Strauss and Cook have settled things down a bit. Its looking good.

ReputationRep:
    England as usual made it tough for themselves. Which emphasises the fact that if Sri Lanka had got 150 odd runs, england would have really struggled.

ReputationRep:
    Pietersen is too aggresive for his own good at times.

He pulled Vaas straight to Jaywardene at midwicket. Luckily for England, it was a noball. Otherwise it would have been Multan 2005 all over again.

At least we won. Has to go to lunch at around 50-2, I hear we managed to lose another 2 before our easy target. :rolleyes:

Sri Lanka should just bowl Murli in the first innings with the new ball!

ReputationRep:
    England stumble to a 6 wicket win, Murali takes 10, Pietersen is MoM for his brilliant hundred in the 1st innings.

ReputationRep:
    A win is a win - maybe not as emphatic as we might have liked but it's the result that counts.

Quite impressive really considering we're missing 3 key 1st team players - Vaughan, S Jones and Harmison.

ReputationRep:
    India in a bit of a tricky situation - they're 170/5 after 32 overs chasing 256for the win, and the batsmen in are Sehwag on 81, and Raina who is yet to get off the mark. Kaif just played the dumbest shot and got out, so India need to push on (although the asking rate is low-ish), but they don't have any proper bastmen left after this, since Pathan has been rested for this game. I'm feeling tense already. :s:

ReputationRep:
    India 180/6 after 36 overs thanks to Raina being an idiot and throwing his wicket away. Well, he only made 2 off of 14 balls, so perhaps the tail will score a bit quicker. Run rate is climbing towards 5.5, and West Indies are bowling really well - Sehwag was taking singles, but Raina just couldn't get anything away. I think India are pretty screwed if the tail doesn't boff a few about, or at least rotate the strike.

ReputationRep:
    India in very deep trouble at 200/7 after 41 overs since Sehwag got done by a beauty of a slower delivery from Taylor for 95, which is such a shame. The run rate has esclated past six per over and there's very little hope of India rescuing the game with Agarkar and Harbhajan at the crease, although I have seen both of them slog a few before.

ReputationRep:
    All over - India all out for 236, and West Indies take the series 4-1. There was a little hope with Agarkar and Harbhajan put on 40-odd and Bhaji was looking good for a few more slogs when he got out. Still, I'm absolutely perplexed as to why the Indian team decided to play Robin fricking Uthappa in this match - the guy isn't a good batsmen, and his duck would have done him no favours. Also, opening with him was simply absurd. The West Indian bowlers took wickets at regular intervals throughout, and there were no really big partnerships, although Sehwag did his best, but had little support from anyone else, apart from a brief contribution by Yuvraj who was looking in great touch before he got out, and India were marginally in the driving seat after 25 overs, but then they threw it away, especially Raina's bewildering inability to hit anything at all.

Hmmm, let's hope that India fare better in the Test series.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to the West Indies on their 4-1 rout of India.

ReputationRep:
    Well done WI...unlucky pratik (and India...), but good to see a rejuvenation for the windies team after their recent issues - they do have a very capable ODI team...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, 'tis a shame, but India were outplayed in the last couple of matchs, and West Indies held their nerve better than India in the second (largely due to a splendid effort by Sarwan, and Yuvraj unfortunately messing up at the very end after he'd done all the hard work) and third ODIs - West Indies deserved to win the series.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.