Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Strauss always looks ok, and gets a start, but then messes up at a bad time.
    he's going through a rough patch like any batsman does but he'll be back. which reminds me: I've never seen Tresco in bad form. he always seems to be in the runs (in Tests anyway) in every series that he plays. a century or a few fifties all the time, or so it seems.

(Original post by biggie-n)
    he's going through a rough patch like any batsman does but he'll be back. which reminds me: I've never seen Tresco in bad form. he always seems to be in the runs (in Tests anyway) in every series that he plays. a century or a few fifties all the time, or so it seems.
    Tresco, local lad - and he's a legend.

ReputationRep:
    Lovely to see England doing so well again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arkbar)
    Lovely to see England doing so well again.
    lol its disappointing..the spark has gone out of the english team, they are in no fit state to take on the might austrailians

EDIT: btw happy birthday tis_me_lord!!

ReputationRep:
    Situations such as these are precisely why one-day cricket will never, ever, be a patch on a good Test match. When a game is dead, it is horribly dead, and I'm all set to eat my words when this pair lambast England to a famous, nay miraculous, victory. Anyway, rant over
    -Cricinfo

They've got some hilarious commentators on there today!

ReputationRep:
    erm ... this ODI series could be a re run of the India ODI series. and that was NOT pleasant to watch...

ReputationRep:
    SL doing the business again.

England just can't manage to get the right ODI combination.

ReputationRep:
    arse...what a disappointing display.

ReputationRep:
    Hats off to Jayasuriya though...37 years of age, brilliant hundred and 3 wickets to boot (including the biggie of KP).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Hats off to Jayasuriya though...37 years of age, brilliant hundred and 3 wickets to boot (including the biggie of KP).
    yea...I didn't know what dalyrmple was doing - you could see those fast ones scooting well down leg side - if he'd stayed on his crease he'd have got 3 wides instead of 2 miss-hits and a stumping :rolleyes: But, yes - fantastic display by uncle sanath...

ReputationRep:
    I thought Dalrymple played reasonably well considering its his 3rd ODI...

Collingwood was a bit crap though...

ReputationRep:
    You reckon? I thought collingwood was doing a good job of controlling the ball from some containing bowling...But then once pietersen had gone he really had to go for it, and its not like he didn't contribute well...

I'm not saying Dalrymple did badly, just was dismissed like a bit of a mug towards the end...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I am a bit harsh on Colly, but still when the asking rate is 7 or 8, singles won't really cut it.

Jones had his moment and he wasted it, bring back Read!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think he was doing the important thing, as the commentators said, of keeping the runs ticking over even if he couldn't score a boundary without massively risking his wicket...as you can see, when he did get to smack it he got bowled!

I feel a bit sorry for jones getting triggered today...since he looked in the piece of mind to do something about it, but, I agree - bring back read.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...233145,00.html

good article on England's keeping woes.

ReputationRep:
    England's bowling = crap!!! They can't seem to bowl half well to save their life. They have a decent total and yet because of their wayward bowling, I reckon that they will struggle a lot to defend it.

(Original post by Xenon)
    England's bowling = crap!!! They can't seem to bowl half well to save their life. They have a decent total and yet because of their wayward bowling, I reckon that they will struggle a lot to defend it.
    Not watched today, were there 20 billion wides again?

ReputationRep:
    oh my days..what the hell is happening to the english team!!! They are playing absolutely AWFUL..setting up a winnable score of 260...and then **** bowling.
    I hope they are more of a challenge to Pakistan this summer, otherwise its gonna be a boring series!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aSian_cUtY)
    oh my days..what the hell is happening to the english team!!! They are playing absolutely AWFUL..setting up a winnable score of 260...and then **** bowling.
    I hope they are more of a challenge to Pakistan this summer, otherwise its gonna be a boring series!
    don't worry. i'm sure they'll step it up. no one likes to see a pakistan team victorious...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Not watched today, were there 20 billion wides again?
    Short and wide **** according to cricinfo.

The third Sri Lankan records a hundred in the ODI series, this time Mahela Jayawardene, the skipper.

Lankans are playing well despite Murali's absence, hats off to them.

England don't seem to care about their ODI team methinks.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.