Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dudes, help.

Around when will the 4th test between West Indies and India finish? Is it a matter of days or hours? I know nothing about cricket lol

ReputationRep:
    look at bbc or cricinfo.

ReputationRep:
    I already looked on BBC but I don't know how long a test lasts

India are bowled out for 200, that's all I know

ReputationRep:
    5 days or when both sides have completed 2 innings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    Its better to put them in their place every once in a while fr dont let their ego grow too much, you know how it is...
    Ah yes, the double whammy of the Rugby and the Cricket once every decade or so just to exert some old colonial influence now and again.

(Original post by indiekid17)
    No need to admit defeat just yet, maybe just after the third test (when we'll probably be 3-0 down and our bowling attack consisting the leading lightings of Old Longbottom III's).
    Well a big difference between our test and ODI side is Hoggie - who in test matches is probably a top 10 bowler in the world.

Also we're currently missing Flintoff/Simon Jones, and Harmie is only recovering from an injury.

Touch wood by the time of the ashes our bowling will be twice as good as this ODI attack - in fact against Sri Lanka the bowlers did their job, except maybe not killing off the tails quick enough, it's the batting that concerns me more. We need to drop Jones, and Flintoff needs to get some runs!

Basically I'm not willing to admit defeat until I know what squad is available to play, and remember we only need to draw the series to defend the ashes now.

ReputationRep:
    all hail Jayasuria. What a batting legend (in ODIs).

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic game that was! If Sri Lanka had 50 overs to play, we'd have given the Auzzy record a run for its money!

ReputationRep:
    LOL i still cant believe that Jayasuriya had retired before this! I mean he's just too good to be retiring at the moment. Plus he bowls and doesnt seem to have any problems of tiredness etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manthi)
    Fantastic game that was! If Sri Lanka had 50 overs to play, we'd have given the Auzzy record a run for its money!
    except its a SA record...

I want to cackle evilly, point and say in a jeering tone 'haha, we totally kicked your arses!'

But I'm a nice girl and I would never do that :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    I want to cackle evilly, point and say in a jeering tone 'haha, we totally kicked your arses!'

But I'm a nice girl and I would never do that :ninja:
    But it is true....

And yesterday's match showed how much better Sri Lanka are at ODI cricket than England....to chase over 320 with 12 overs to spare is just breathtaking.

I don't have high hopes about the world cup. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    England would do well to qualify into the next round in the current state let alone getting anywhere close to the final.

Pakistan, SL and Australia are my firm favourites for the semi finals, the fourth will be a dark horse - could be India or New Zealand.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt really class India as a dark horse! :s

ReputationRep:
    They did lose to WI 4-1....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    They did lose to WI 4-1....
    they did beat eng 4-1, pak by a similar margin and sri lanka 6-1...

(Original post by Socrates)
    England would do well to qualify into the next round in the current state let alone getting anywhere close to the final.

Pakistan, SL and Australia are my firm favourites for the semi finals, the fourth will be a dark horse - could be India or New Zealand.
    You are judging us when we're down 3 players who could all contend for a world 11 squad in ODI's...

ReputationRep:
    Of all the current players, injuries aside, who would make the best Test and ODI sides? Also naming one batting and one bowling reserve.

Test
    1. Trescothick
    2. Strauss
    3. Vaughan (c)
    4. Pietersen
    5. Collingwood
    6. Flintoff
    7. Read
    8. Giles
    9. Hoggard
    10. Jones S
    11. Harmison

12. Cook
    13. Plunkett

ODI
    1. Trescothick
    2. Strauss
    3. Collingwood
    4. Pietersen
    5. Dalrymple
    6. Flintoff (c)
    7. Jones G
    8. Giles
    9. Gough
    10. Jones S
    11. Harmison

12. Bell
    13. Plunkett

My test side is basically the same but Monty over Giles. I just hope Read over Jones would cancel out the batting problems, and maybe he can improve his batting/fielding anyway. Plus it's good to go with the young option if you can...

In ODI I'd still use Read, and use Vaughan over Gough.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.