Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm more interested in what Younis Khan will do today... he got a 50 in the practice match.

ReputationRep:
    Drive mon! Drive!!!

ReputationRep:
    Looks like a cracking start for england. I say that, but I can't see it- damn cricket only being shown on Sky!

ReputationRep:
    could some1 please explain the bouncer rule in cricket. How many are you allowed in an over. sometimes the umpire taps his shoulder what does that mean. cheers.

ReputationRep:
    I believe its two bouncers per over.

When he taps his shoulder, it means thats one for the over, you can only bowl one more in that over.

Phew, we maintained the advantage there with 2 more wickets just before lunch!

Monty with a wicket maiden, I wonder if we'll use him after lunch now... Iqbal looks in trouble vs pace so maybe Harmie and Mahmood instead.

I guess they put Akmal as an opener because Hoggie vs left handers with the new ball wasn't working well for Pakistan, personally I'd have stuck to the same opening pair as Lords and had Akmal over Iqbal, he doesn't look too good. When Malik comes back it can be him and Butt opening, and that's alright really.

I'd like to see us more attacking though, one slip some of the time - what is that about?!

ReputationRep:
    As long as Inzy is there, we'll manage something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arkbar)
    Butt didn't look too good though.
    Do you remember when england played in pakistan over the winter? and he always got big scored as a result of his attacking play? He looked good then

ReputationRep:
    i think this is set for an afridi blitz near the end of the innings. that said, the english bowlers are good at stifling big hitters. we shall see. i still think pak are good for 250+

ReputationRep:
    yes yes 4 gone 6 more to get, i think england need to get inzy out quick anything will do, especailly a run out, i love it when he gets run out.

ReputationRep:
    Pak may even reach 300!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    Pak may even reach 300!
    yh they could but if inzy goes i doubt it

(Original post by hamza09)
    yes yes 4 gone 6 more to get, i think england need to get inzy out quick anything will do, especailly a run out, i love it when he gets run out.
    By Monty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    By Monty?
    yh that would be more specail, i think i woud be laughing all day if monty gets inzy run out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    Kamran Akmal just might do the job!
    A perfect way to generate a wicket, if ever i saw one.

Could one of the Pakistani fans post about Inzi looking set for a big hundred please?

edit:Iqbal gone

YEEEEEEEEES!!!

Under 200 total I hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    i think this is set for an afridi blitz near the end of the innings. that said, the english bowlers are good at stifling big hitters. we shall see. i still think pak are good for 250+
    lol. what an idiot...:rolleyes:
    94-6 in yo face!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Asking a man who is going to be keeping for the best part of the day if not more to open the innings as well is a tad harsh. Even the Aussies have never had Gilchrist open in a Test match.
    But India have made Pathiv Patel open the innings (I think he made 69 one time as well).

ReputationRep:
    Also, Alec Stewart kept wicket for England and opened the innings as well, so it's not that unusual Zaf.

ReputationRep:
    119 AO

Crikey.

C'mon England! :eek:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.