Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    England got smacked. Dont know why they are messing with the order of the line-up by bringing ding-dong to open. Pak have there players back from injury. We will certainly face a greater challenge in the bowling then the tests when ppl like sami etc were the lead bowlers. Looks like another 5-0 defeat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mike89)
    England got smacked. Dont know why they are messing with the order of the line-up by bringing ding-dong to open. Pak have there players back from injury. We will certainly face a greater challenge in the bowling then the tests when ppl like sami etc were the lead bowlers. Looks like another 5-0 defeat!
    I dont know..pakistan are known for their sudden batitng collapses so dont think it will be a clean sweep but yes deifinitely see pakistan winning.

Let's hope we see a whole lot of Afridi for entertainments sake at least:p:

ReputationRep:
    i watching pak V eng 2moro!!!! cant wait. i met most of the players 2day. i went to watch em train. most were nice. shoaib asked moi for a lighter!! waqar younis is the biggest tosser ever. my friend asked him for an autograph, but he told my mate to **** off!!! wanka!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dr octagon)
    i watching pak V eng 2moro!!!! cant wait. i met most of the players 2day. i went to watch em train. most were nice. shoaib asked moi for a lighter!! waqar younis is the biggest tosser ever. my friend asked him for an autograph, but he told my mate to **** off!!! wanka!!
    yeaaahh he was quite rude to us at the oval too!! Anyone goin to edgbaston match? Cant wait to see afridii and malik!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aSian_cUtY)
    yeaaahh he was quite rude to us at the oval too!! Anyone goin to edgbaston match? Cant wait to see afridii and malik!!!
    i shook afridis hand. he s got onew mother of a hand shake.

ReputationRep:
    Waqar is known to be very arrogant. He dosent like fans for some reason:eek: and i've heard alot about him. yeah, shoaib smokes lol everyone knows lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aSian_cUtY)
    I dont know..pakistan are known for their sudden batitng collapses so dont think it will be a clean sweep but yes deifinitely see pakistan winning.

Let's hope we see a whole lot of Afridi for entertainments sake at least:p:
    well they will be more than motivated after this ball tampering farce!

ReputationRep:
    i shook afridis hand. he s got onew mother of a hand shake.
    You need a strong grip in order to get a decent amount of turn on the ball.

For that reason, the only spinner whose hand you should shake is probably Ashley Giles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andronicus Comnenus)

For that reason, the only spinner whose hand you should shake is probably Ashley Giles
    :toofunny:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

*reps*

ReputationRep:
    kool players man..:cool:

Never knew they were so intimate with their fans...

An English player would never come up to you to ask for a lighter, nor would they shake your hands, but they would give you an autograph though..

ReputationRep:
    Did pakistan really do the ball-tempering?

it could easily be found by checking the ball to see if there are marks which suggests a human hand could have played a role in its state. Why cant they just give the ball that Hair thought was tempered to a forensic expert to investigate??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Triad)
    Did pakistan really do the ball-tempering?

it could easily be found by checking the ball to see if there are marks which suggests a human hand could have played a role in its state. Why cant they just give the ball that Hair thought was tempered to a forensic expert to investigate??
    Because it's a cricket ball, not a dead body.

This has been done ad nauseam now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Triad)
    kool players man..:cool:

Never knew they were so intimate with their fans...

An English player would never come up to you to ask for a lighter, nor would they shake your hands, but they would give you an autograph though..
    they werent that intimate. some were a bunch of arrogant *****. players like razzaq, mohammed hafeez, mohammed yousef, inzy and afridi were nice. others walked around like they had a stick up their ass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andronicus Comnenus)

That is a good one

However, Afridi's hand shake is quite famous in cricket - the firmest in world cricket today, or so they say - probably due to Pathan ancestry.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually quite a big Giles fan - considering the nature of his...talent...he showed a most percualiar ability to take big wickets at the right time.

I hope the Aussies prepare at least one spinner's track - it would be nice to see Ash and Monty bowling in tandem.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Giles is going to be fit. Sydney will certainly be a 'two spinners' track, possibly Dalringpiece and Monty.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but i think Engalnd are too scared to play two spinners, lets say the whole of the England team are fit who would they drop to accomodate two spinners?

ReputationRep:
    They will play two spinners if the pitch is an out and out turner, like Sydney is meant to be. If everyone is fit (not including Vaughan and Jones), I think a team with two spinners would be:

1. Trescothick
    2. Strauss
    3. Cook
    4. Pietersen
    5. Collingwood
    6. Bell
    7. Flintoff
    8. Read
    9. Giles
    10. Hoggard/Harmison
    11. Panesar

Seriously low on quick bowlers, so I think it'd have to be a real, real spinner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    They will play two spinners if the pitch is an out and out turner, like Sydney is meant to be. If everyone is fit (not including Vaughan and Jones), I think a team with two spinners would be:

1. Trescothick
    2. Strauss
    3. Cook
    4. Pietersen
    5. Collingwood
    6. Bell
    7. Flintoff
    8. Read
    9. Giles
    10. Hoggard/Harmison
    11. Panesar

Seriously low on quick bowlers, so I think it'd have to be a real, real spinner.

I think you gotta play Hoggard, Flintoff will come up with the pace you need someone who can swing it and has control. Aslo Bell and Collers would have to bowl a few decent spells too!

(Original post by Tonight Matthew)

1. Trescothick
    2. Strauss
    3. Cook
    4. Pietersen
    5. Collingwood
    6. Bell
    7. Flintoff
    8. Read
    9. Giles
    10. Hoggard/Harmison
    11. Panesar

Or Dalrymple over Giles, and with his batting Bell could be dropped in place of Hoggie/Harmie that isn't used in your lineup.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.