Turn on thread page Beta

We don't discuss county cricket enough in here! Does anybody really follow their county side? Who do you all support?

ReputationRep:
    I used to support Surrey, but they became crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    glory hunter :P

We shall become great again, we just need to rebuild. Everyone's old.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I was sad to see one Hollioake die and the other one retire - they really well the soul of the Surrey team...

Ramps and Butch aren't what they used to be, Thorpey is gone, and Azhar isn't as great as he was first made out...

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I was sad to see one Hollioake die and the other one retire - they really well the soul of the Surrey team...

Ramps and Butch aren't what they used to be, Thorpey is gone, and Azhar isn't as great as he was first made out...
    I was really dissapointed when Ramps and Butch came to the crease together in the 20/20 final. I had a feeling it was an omen for something special. Alas, 'tis wasn' to be.

You still support a team if they're crap!

I support Somerset who are second from bottom of the second division in both forms of county cricket. So count yourself lucky!

Our star player is Caddick, ooooooooo! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    As in I don't follow them anymore (since they became crap).

ReputationRep:
    What an odd thing to say, Ramprakash is averaging over 100 and Butcher in the mid 50s. If they are doing so poorly at Surrey then I'm sure Leicestershire will give them a game!

Surrey's main problem to me seens to be their seam attack. Bicknell and Tudor were an awesome opening pair, now its Akram and Mahmood, I don't rate either that highly. Saker and Dernbach are quite useless too. A few good spinners though which will always win you games.

ReputationRep:
    I support Hampshire, principally because I come from hampshire (southampton), and live here . The only negatives I have is that we seem to rely on shane warne an awful lot, and chris tremlett could be so much more (pick him for england!!!).

I'm the kind of person who still feels hampshire have a real shot at winning the championship this year, if we beat Lancs

(Original post by Nathan_Ley3)
    I support Hampshire, principally because I come from hampshire (southampton), and live here . The only negatives I have is that we seem to rely on shane warne an awful lot, and chris tremlett could be so much more (pick him for england!!!).

I'm the kind of person who still feels hampshire have a real shot at winning the championship this year, if we beat Lancs
    Tremlett is a bit of an injury risk though, but I do think he has potential to play for England. How old is he?

Anyway, looks like you're in with a shout of promotion in the pro 40 league after beating Glocs last night...

ReputationRep:
    england off to another flyer!

Looks like this day-nighter will be more of a day-early eveninger

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I was taking the piss before...but we're really off to a flyer now. 14th over and Strauss still has a strike rate of above 100 - this is exactly the kind of opening we've been needing. Don't let the bowlers bowl at you.

ReputationRep:
    what the hell? Was Shoaib caught on video scratching the ball? Or is everyone just being paranoid

ReputationRep:
    Looked a bit weird to me. As mentioned, there are three things he might have been doing:

1. Shining the ball
    2. Getting rid of dirt from the ball
    3. Scratching the ball

Now I don't think he was shining it, literally a second before we saw what it looks like when he shines the ball. If he was getting rid of dirt from the ball, he should have been doing it in front of an umpire, which he clearly wasn't doing. The actual movement of his finger also looked particularly quick and sharp, which would suggest a scratch. Would need to see it again though.

ReputationRep:
    Just seen it again. That is ball tampering, end of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Just seen it again. That is ball tampering, end of.
    Thankyou umpire:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So then, Will you all be sending letters of apology to Darrell Hair now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aSian_cUtY)
    Thankyou umpire:rolleyes:
    Have you seen the footage?

ReputationRep:
    Well lets say for arguments sake that Akhtar was ball tampering that does not mean Hair was right. I understand it does not look good but Akthars actions have no bearing at all on the Oval test. For one he was not even playing!

And here we have actual evidence of something actually happening. Looks rather bad, i'd like to see what he says after the match!

Good to see England playing better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andronicus Comnenus)
    So then, Will you all be sending letters of apology to Darrell Hair now?
    Erm, was Akhtar playing at the Oval?!?! NO

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.