Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Well, we thought we'd be a bit charitable to England today

(10 consecutive, well almost, losses would have been harsh).
    I guess.

But they played ruddy well!

ReputationRep:
    could you two not think of a better time than the middle of the highlights?

ReputationRep:
    No one forced you to come onto TSR in the middle of the highlights...

ReputationRep:
    "Double standards are still alive and well in Test cricket. Where reverse swing is concerned, I don't believe we are cheats and the rest of the world is practising an art form." -Wasim Akram

:toofunny:

But sadly true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    could you two not think of a better time than the middle of the highlights?

Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    hehe...no worries guys - it was inevitable england would get it all right eventually...dont think they have a chance of levelling the series to be honest though...from looks of it it really was a bowlers victory for england.

ReputationRep:
    Had Pakistan batted a bit more sensibly, and got 30 runs more than they did, England could have struggled.

Nonetheless, credit to England for bowling well, and then batting - its never easy under lights.

We'll still win the series so its all good

Nice one England... I don't think Pakstan gave us this match by any means, they had their full team, but they rely on Shoiab as a wicket taker and this favoured swing/spin bowling more. In a match where they really needed 10 wickets rather than restricting run rate they didn't have enough options with us batting sensibly and surviving Asif...

Impressed that Pietersen batted sensibly and never gave his wicet away, yet he managed a run a ball. Even more impressed with the way Inzy can do that every single game, and make it look easy.

I think the moment we won the match was when Khan got out for 0... made Yousuf and Inzy have to be slow, well Afridi was still in but he'll always be out fairly soon...

Good slogging at the end by Pakistan, but why do bowlers never bowl yorkers anymore?! The worst part was Mahmoods wide that went for 4... disgrace. At least a 6 forces them to take risk, and requires batting skill, and uses a ball. Giving them 5 runs is pathetic. I know his first spell was ok, but I still say drop Mahmood for Monty (who'd have got 10 for 0 on this wicket...slight exaggeration, but he'd have been good.)

Good debut from Yardy, but I wanna see how he does on a non-spinning wicket vs first class opposition. Also Lewis wickets let him bowl with no pressure, since Pakistan had to bat through the innings at that stage.

Hats off also to Strauss and Bell.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone comin to the match tomorrow?!!!!!!!!
    God i sure hope it doesnt rain!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else think that it's now impossible to drop ian bell? I think he's our best batsman by far. He always seems to get socres, has no real flaws in his technique, and plays absolutely classic textbook shots! Did anybody see that pristine cover drive off akhtar?

England are going to win tomorow without doubt! I dont think it's supposed to rain, but unfortunately i cant come :mad: . I went on tuesday to the rosebowl where england put up a good fight, but just werent there.

Anybody have any ideas on the team for tomorow?

(Original post by Nathan_Ley3)
    Anybody else think that it's now impossible to drop ian bell? I think he's our best batsman by far. He always seems to get socres, has no real flaws in his technique, and plays absolutely classic textbook shots! Did anybody see that pristine cover drive off akhtar?

England are going to win tomorow without doubt! I dont think it's supposed to rain, but unfortunately i cant come :mad: . I went on tuesday to the rosebowl where england put up a good fight, but just werent there.

Anybody have any ideas on the team for tomorow?
    I'd imagine we'll stick with the winning formula...

Bell likes Pakistan, we'll see how he copes with Bret Lee in Perth.

ReputationRep:
    :top: GO PAKISTAN !!! :champ:

ReputationRep:
    I've heard we might be swapping Mahmood for onions?

ReputationRep:
    obviously not.....

Well england have lost, lewis hasnt taken a wicket in his first over :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Gadzooks! go England! :eek:

A brilliant start, but they'll have to work hard to see it through. After all, wahever you've done to the opposition, its possible for them to do it to you.

We're trying our best to throw this one away. :mad:

How can we lose 3 wickets in the first 10 overs in a match where we can only lose if 10 wickets are taken? :rolleyes:

Hopefully these two can make a partnership, and at least Dalrymple and Yardy are both players who like to keep their wicket, so I'd still bet on us to do this. But why are we making it hard for ourselves!

ReputationRep:
    because pakistan are class.

(Original post by alkaeda)
    because pakistan are class.
    They are class, but really unprofessional.

ReputationRep:
    Pakistan are about to draw a series they really should have won (could have even, if the weather allowed).

ReputationRep:
    hmm we should have won.:mad: it was quite an exciting match though.a good response from the pakistan bowlers just wasnt enough.highlight of the series for me was razzaqs 75 off 72 balls.what about every1 else?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.