Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Nathan_Ley3)
    you're doing a pretty good job of it at the minute against a really good team.

Andy caddick for England!
    Haha, thrashed them! :eek:

Shame it didn't matter, but it saves some embarrassment at least.

Caddick for England indeed. (I actually hate him, but still...)

ReputationRep:
    He's 37 though isn't he?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah i was joking! He was OK back in his dat though. Well done hampshire. You've proved you can do OK in limited overs cricket! (even without shane warne ) I dont think we can get promoted though....

Haha, yeah i was joking! He was OK back in his dat though. Well done hampshire. You've proved you can do OK in limited overs cricket! (even without shane warne ) I dont think we can get promoted though....
    He wasn't even ok in his day, can't bat, can't deliver when he really needs to with the ball. He's only our captain because we're so terrible right now.

Though we've got three new signings for next season. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Who are the new signings?

Also http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...es/default.stm

Does this mean that hampshire play off to get promoted ahead of surrey?

I always thought surrey would finish above us!

Who are the new signings?

Also http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...es/default.stm

Does this mean that hampshire play off to get promoted ahead of surrey?

I always thought surrey would finish above us!
    Yup, they play Glamorgan, who I personally feel are a weak side so I reckon you'll win that.

So you have Somerset to thank, especially because it was the style of the win that made Surreys net run rate so poor! My dad has them to thank too because he supports Worcestershie.

The new signings can be found on the bbc site on the somerset page, it's two youngsters and then Jones the bowler. (Not Simon...)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate for beating surrey. I never realised it was so crucial.

But in the wider context, its not too important that a team get's promoted, because i mean it's not like division 1 teams get alot more money? (by this i mean it's not like the gulf in revenue between teams in different leagues for football) On sky sports they're televised equally as much. Is there any major benefit to being in the top league for limited overs cricket? (apart from bragging rights obviously :p: )

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god! How did somerset bat so quickly? That would be good enough for a 20/20 rate

Mo Akram: 6.3 overs - 73 Runs? Is this actually correct

Thanks mate for beating surrey. I never realised it was so crucial.

But in the wider context, its not too important that a team get's promoted, because i mean it's not like division 1 teams get alot more money? (by this i mean it's not like the gulf in revenue between teams in different leagues for football) On sky sports they're televised equally as much. Is there any major benefit to being in the top league for limited overs cricket? (apart from bragging rights obviously :p: )
    Bragging right should be enough reason really. I guess people will go and watch a winning team more than a losing one too. It's ridicilous that the top two teams get cash bonuses in both leagues... so Glocs and Worcs have just got money when none the division one teams bar the top two got anything! So coming third in division one is worse than second in division two... stupid.

And yeah, got 170's in about 20 overs didn't we. They got in the 270's vs Derby too, except they went and chased it down afterwards. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Andy Caddick - surely one of the few Test players in history to take 7/94 against Australia, then never play for their country again.

ReputationRep:
    I believe he took his only 10 wicket haul in Test matches at Sydney which was to be his last match...

ReputationRep:
    Yup, gutted Andy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Yup, gutted Andy.
    you'd rather end your career that way than getting booted out as a failure...

ReputationRep:
    I think you'd rather end it on your own terms than being booted out (re: Alec Stewart and Steve Waugh)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    I think you'd rather end it on your own terms than being booted out (re: Alec Stewart and Steve Waugh)
    graham thorpe more like...wasn't kind at all considering.

ReputationRep:
    Thorpe was hard done by, and may probably have been straight back in for Edgbaston 2005 had Pieteresen flopped...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    Thorpe was hard done by, and may probably have been straight back in for Edgbaston 2005 had Pieteresen flopped...
    That much is true. But as it turned out, we have now found one of our most exciting, imposing, and consistent run scorers :eek:

ReputationRep:
    That much is true. But as it turned out, we have now found one of our most exciting, imposing, and consistent run scorers :eek:
    who, Ian Bell?

ReputationRep:
    Na, pietersen as a result of ommiting thorpe last year.

Bell on the other hand I would say has the best technique of any england batsman, and should hopefully now get a long run in the side.

ReputationRep:
    I think thorpe should've been in the ashes team, and bell definitely deserves to be there now He has certainly justified his place in my eyes.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.