Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    But he was happy to fill in for Inzy at times during Pakistans tour to England. :confused:
    I didnt know about that ?

Anyway it looks like Yousuf is the captain now anyway! http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/iccct2006/content/current/story/261385.html

ReputationRep:
    Why has he done that? I always thought Younis was a better captain than Inzy...
    I really dont know. Sounds like another Pak farce. Some sources say he didnt want iqbal in the squad but asim kamal instead, some say its because of PCB??? All random stuff but all YK has said is he doesnt want to be a "dummy" captain!:confused:

Even though i wouldnt have still had yosuf as captain-i think shoaib would have been a better bet!

ReputationRep:
    Look what's developing 'Shahrayar Khan resigns from PCB'

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/co...ry/261658.html

Of course we don't know the full story yet, but it all seems like things have been blown out of all proportion again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathan_Ley3)
    Look what's developing 'Shahrayar Khan resigns from PCB'

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/co...ry/261658.html

Of course we don't know the full story yet, but it all seems like things have been blown out of all proportion again.

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: forget that. Now look-Younis has been made captain back. Where has all the "dummy" talk gone?? Its all politics. Typical.

Wow, we were saying earlier how the WI are a joke... how about Zimbabwe? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, we were saying earlier how the WI are a joke... how about Zimbabwe? :rolleyes:
    Haha, we were saying the west indies are joke because the crumbled against the old enemy :mad:

But zimbabwe are there for the comic value. Some of their batting earlier was classic!

ReputationRep:
    Bangladesh 162 all out. West Indies to bat.

(Original post by A Y A Z)
    Bangladesh 162 all out. West Indies to bat.
    Before the match I would have expected Bangladesh to have a chance, they seem to have some potential. But they lost.

Pretty sure they can maul Zimbabwe at least.

ReputationRep:
    Before the match I would have expected Bangladesh to have a chance, they seem to have some potential. But they lost.

Pretty sure they can maul Zimbabwe at least.
    Bangadesh definately have potential. You should have seen some of the pull/swivel shots one of their batsman was able to execute! Theyre not that bad. One of their bowlers (forgotten his name :confused: ) bowled at a fair pace also and should have had a couple of wickets

ReputationRep:
    Bangadesh definately have potential. You should have seen some of the pull/swivel shots one of their batsman was able to execute! Theyre not that bad. One of their bowlers (forgotten his name :confused: ) bowled at a fair pace also and should have had a couple of wickets
    Shahriar Nafees c C H Gayle b M N Samuels 38 68 5 0
    Mohammad Ashraful lbw b J E Taylor 2 8 0 0
    Aftab Ahmed c S Chanderpaul b M N Samuels 59 55 7 2

Two players did very well and a good base but unfortunatly everyone else just collapsed and held up no resistance.. Ashraful disappoints again :mad: he's so hit and miss... either less than 10 or around 50 :mad:

The bowler was probably Mashrafe Mortaza, he has good figures generally...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    Shahriar Nafees c C H Gayle b M N Samuels 38 68 5 0
    Mohammad Ashraful lbw b J E Taylor 2 8 0 0
    Aftab Ahmed c S Chanderpaul b M N Samuels 59 55 7 2

Two players did very well and a good base but unfortunatly everyone else just collapsed and held up no resistance.. Ashraful disappoints again :mad: he's so hit and miss... either less than 10 or around 50 :mad:

The bowler was probably Mashrafe Mortaza, he has good figures generally...
    Yeah it was aftab ahmed who looked good. Very strong on the leg side, something which is refreshing to see as it shows he's not intimidated by the bowler.

And yes also it was Mortaza. He really was unfortunate not to have picked up at least one wicket. Bowled a fairly quick spell. Much much quicker than the opening spells of the zimbabwean bowlers!

Yeah it was aftab ahmed who looked good. Very strong on the leg side, something which is refreshing to see as it shows he's not intimidated by the bowler.

And yes also it was Mortaza. He really was unfortunate not to have picked up at least one wicket. Bowled a fairly quick spell. Much much quicker than the opening spells of the zimbabwean bowlers!
    It's refreshing to see leg side batsman? Aren't they everywhere? :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's refreshing to see leg side batsman? Aren't they everywhere? :p:
    Haha. Maybe. It's just from what i've been watching recently the zimbabweans and bangladeshis have been afraid of the seamers, so always make room for themselves to try and hit it to the offside. It was just good to see a batsman hit a ball pitched on middle/leg to the legside and not be afraid of the ball either hitting his pad, or body. Like some batsman are.

ReputationRep:
    England seemed in good touch in their warm up match, but will that form go into the opening match?

ReputationRep:
    if its anything like last time round, probably not.

Highest score from a Bangladesh batsman in ODI's. :cool:

It is a joke to see their top scores though, it's all Kenya and Zimbabwe that they're against. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Zimbabwe won 3-2 the last time it played Bangladesh. I was expecting to see Aftab Ahmed to carry on with his form.. oh well.
    Would be funny if Zimbabwe wins!

ReputationRep:
    Full marks to Shahriar Nafees. He is, by far, one of the better players.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and BTW Ben, you owe me rep for that little poem I wrote pig! :p:
    FTB just reminded me...

ReputationRep:
    Oh and BTW Ben, you owe me rep for that little poem I wrote pig! :p:
    FTB just reminded me...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.