Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by biggie-n)
    yes, coz commenting on a ball hitting a shoulder is sarcasm.
    secondly, i mentioned yardy for the sole purpose of proving i watched the match. his stance is my two cents thrown in.
    thirdly, whether you use 'apparently' or not doesn't change the meaning of your accusation, which was that i hadn't watched the match and was therefore blindly commenting of transcripts!
    finally, if that's playing and missing then i'd love to hear your opinion on the england innings.

and you told me to be civil then you call me a jackass. brilliant. clearly since this is 'your thread' there are different rules for you.
    Read your post, it was sarcy. Full of inverted commas and the like.

And I think Englands batting was crap, that doesn't change how much playing and missing Yuvraj did though. :confused:

I'm past being civil with you, are you sure you're not Pete under a new alias?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Read your post, it was sarcy. Full of inverted commas and the like.

And I think Englands batting was crap, that doesn't change how much playing and missing Yuvraj did though. :confused:

I'm past being civil with you, are you sure you're not Pete under a new alias?
    if you wanna get technical, the only word which qualifies was 'read'. and that was in response to your nonsensical accusation.

i meant England batted a whole lot more shabbily

who the hell is Pete? and why does it give you the right to insult others when they aren't supposed to retaliate?

ReputationRep:
    So i go away for an hour to do some reading and this is what happens!!

Anyway, What about tomorows match? I suspect a south africa victory. I know new zealand are a good one day side, but theyre without shane bond so arent going to be half as potent!

(Original post by Nathan_Ley3)
    So i go away for an hour to do some reading and this is what happens!!

Anyway, What about tomorows match? I suspect a south africa victory. I know new zealand are a good one day side, but theyre without shane bond so arent going to be half as potent!
    50/50, so I'll just say the opposite of you, NZ, so one of us will have bragging rights. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Don't imply Bangladesh players are better than Tresco. :rolleyes:
    I wasn't; I was just saying they aren't as crap as you were trying to imply. You've got to be a little bit good if you get a hundred against an Aussie attack no matter how much they underestimate...

ReputationRep:
    Mohammed Asif and Shoain Akhter have failed a drug test and have been recalled by the PCB! Pakistan is further trouble.

South Africa puts New Zealand in to bat. Pollock is gonna take three!

ReputationRep:
    SA to win then? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    Mohammed Asif and Shoain Akhter have failed a drug test and have been recalled by the PCB! Pakistan is further trouble.

South Africa puts New Zealand in to bat. Pollock is gonna take three!
    Pak stand no chance of winning this thing now. No shoaib, no asif and no Inzi .. really bad to know, and shows pak as cheats again! .. even though they proclaimed their innocence.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting to see that Shoaib and Asif have been found to be drugs cheats, although nothing is confirmed yet. I wouldn't be surprised to be honest.

195 all out for NZ, not getting through their overs. Once again, these wickets are just crap, too easy for bowlers, especially spinners.

Normally that'd be an easy chase, but we saw India struggle to 125, so I still think NZ will win. Brilliant innings from the captain today, he looked knackered by the end!

(Original post by Socrates)
    I wasn't; I was just saying they aren't as crap as you were trying to imply. You've got to be a little bit good if you get a hundred against an Aussie attack no matter how much they underestimate...
    I like Bangladesh!

ReputationRep:
    meh those tests are never 100%. and anyway it won't end their careers. Warne got back pretty easily.

ReputationRep:
    meh those tests are never 100%. and anyway it won't end their careers. Warne got back pretty easily.
    Well, I think that the implication is that if the B sample is also positive, then they are effectively 100%.

On your second point - it might end Shoaib's career, but whether both come back or not doesn't really strike me as the main issue at hand. IF both are guilty, I'd say the main thing to consider would be that Pakistan's opening bowling partnership have been found to be a pair of complete and utter cheats (again).

(Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Well, I think that the implication is that if the B sample is also positive, then they are effectively 100%.

On your second point - it might end Shoaib's career, but whether both come back or not doesn't really strike me as the main issue at hand. IF both are guilty, I'd say the main thing to consider would be that Pakistan's opening bowling partnership have been found to be a pair of complete and utter cheats (again).
    I wonder what "asian cuty" has to say on the matter...

Anyway, SA are 3 down, as I suspected on this pitch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)

it seems unlikely either would be foolish enough to take nandralone of all substances since its specifically banned and they knew they'd be tested before such a big tournament. of course if they still did then that would be the epitome of foolishness.

ReputationRep:
    it seems unlikely either would be foolish enough to take nandralone of all substances since its specifically banned and they knew they'd be tested before such a big tournament. of course if they still did then that would be the epitome of foolishness.
    They were caught by PCB tests three weeks ago, which were put in place upon it becoming apparent that the ICC would be testing at the Champions Trophy.

ReputationRep:
    so the PCB were trying to internalise the matter? possibly, but how lenient can they be in the end? it wouldn't be a deterrent to younger pak bowlers if these two got back within a handful of games.
    of course, this whole thing could be a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    69-5. I have a feeling New Zealand is gonna do something today. This will go down to the wire folks!

ReputationRep:
    so the PCB were trying to internalise the matter? possibly, but how lenient can they be in the end? it wouldn't be a deterrent to younger pak bowlers if these two got back within a handful of games.
    of course, this whole thing could be a mistake.
    The PCB have said that as they don't have their own regulations, they'll most likely follow the ICC's, which would mean a 2 year ban for both of them, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    SIX down!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.