Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    They'll probably get 6-12 months each. Had they played in the tournament they would almost certainly have got 1-2 years.

On the SA-NZ match, I fancy Justin Kemp to smack a few sixes.

ReputationRep:
    i hope there are more high scoring matches. which of course means the pitches shouldn't be retarded.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god! Another low scoring, slow pitch produces a new zealand victory. I really hope there are some pitches that offer scores of 300+ . Did anybody watch the game today? I couldnt. I wonder what it was like?

On the subject of pakistan, how very shocking! I don't know why either shoaib or asif would have wanted to jeopardise their futures by possibly taking a banned substance. I hope they are found out not to have taken anything illegal if they a re re-tested, as they are two of the best bowlers in the world at the moment, and the game wouldnt be the same without them.

(Original post by Nathan_Ley3)
    Oh my god! Another low scoring, slow pitch produces a new zealand victory. I really hope there are some pitches that offer scores of 300+ . Did anybody watch the game today? I couldnt. I wonder what it was like?
    I saw it from around 20 overs into the NZ innings (woke up a bit late.)

I always said NZ would win despite their low total, the pitch was terrible. No 300+ totals this tournament unless they do something drastic to the wickets.

ReputationRep:
    Yup yup I'm sure you guys have heard about the drug tests and the pakistan-bashing has started again no doubt.
    Let me reiterate that Shoaib Akhtar and Asif were the alleged drug takers, with Shoaib's doctor denying his involvement with the drugs. I aint gonna jump to any conclusions (unlike some people:rolleyes: ) about these two until the retests come through.

Pak V Srilanka: arghhh we aint doin too good wivout our lead bowlers!!

ReputationRep:
    Top Sri Lankan batsman, who would you say?

ReputationRep:
    131-2 Sri Lanka.
    Looks like this ones gonna be a high scoring match.. with SL doing most of the scoring.
    Murali is gonna choke the runs today

ReputationRep:
    Well well well! Pakistan make a remarkable comeback!

ReputationRep:
    Well played sri lanka so far. The spinners are doing their job. I think they will win. Why did they send afridi in when they did?

(Original post by justfarhan)
    Top Sri Lankan batsman, who would you say?
    Sangakkara probably, in a few years for sure when the two J's get a bit past it.

Anyway, this things tighter than a 16 year old Catholic, better go back and watch it, come on Sri Lanka! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    pak, 50 from 45

this is gonna go down to the wire.. c'mon lads

ReputationRep:
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaay

pakistan win by 4 wickets

ReputationRep:
    Fair play pakistan! Excellent victory! I really dont like the way that razzaq opens up his body for shots like that though!

ReputationRep:
    Fair play pakistan! Excellent victory! I really dont like the way that razzaq opens up his body for shots like that though!
    well, if it works, it works I guess + its superb cricket, not many cricketers in this world can hit the ball so sweet, making sure it always goes over the rope. Razzaq can

ReputationRep:
    AMAZING MATCH!! A CLASSIC! THE BEST GAME OF THE ICC CHAMPS TRPHY SO FAR....WELL DONE RAZZAQ....

obviousley u wont like the way he opens up his body for shots like that coz u experienced that really well in the 4th ODI wen our team was in england!
    peace!

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!! RAZZAK!

ReputationRep:
    A great moment for all Pakistani supporters today.
    As cricinfo said just before Razzaq hit the final six : "Captain banned for few matches, the Board president resigned, two players doped out of the tournament and where are Pakistan now? Just 5 runs short of win."

The circumstances under which Pakistan played today made it one of our greatest wins ever! I hope this cools off things in the PCB and lets the players focus on what they are meant to focus on: CRICKET.

ReputationRep:
    to be fair it probably constitutes technique to an extent in the shorter forms of the game. clear the left leg and heave. unorthodox, but effective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    to be fair it probably constitutes technique to an extent in the shorter forms of the game. clear the left leg and heave. unorthodox, but effective.
    Yep fair point. I guess you would expect it to make him a candidate for an edge, although he gets around this by somehow middling it everytime!

ReputationRep:
    Yep fair point. I guess you would expect it to make him a candidate for an edge, although he gets around this by somehow middling it everytime!
    well you have to have a great eye to pull it off anyway (like trying to play the inside out cover drive against pacemen). and the players who attempt this tend to be great strikers of the ball e.g. Pieterson, Razzaq, Sehwag, Afridi, Kemp etc.
    you wouldn't catch Dravid/Kallis doing that. far too much class.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.