Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Surely you're here because you like England and we're your second favourite team?
    I'm not here out of choice particularly.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Dubai. But I support England when they play :five:

(Original post by Socrates)
    I'm not here out of choice particularly.
    Well you seem pretty neutral anyways, it wasn't meant for you really, I just couldn't be arsed to multi quote.

ReputationRep:
    Well you seem pretty neutral anyways,
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Bah, I doubt we can do it now. Read and Mahmood will throw their wickets away later, looks like this is our last partnership opportunity.

As for the supporting thing, I never said you can't support India/Pakistan if that's where you're from. But when you live here and you support random countries over us like Aussies or SA, that's stupid. Surely you're here because you like England and we're your second favourite team? Or if not, why don't you go and live in south africa/australia etc...
    because liking the way a team plays their cricket doesn't express a preference for living in the actual country.

ReputationRep:
    Bah, I doubt we can do it now. Read and Mahmood will throw their wickets away later, looks like this is our last partnership opportunity.

As for the supporting thing, I never said you can't support India/Pakistan if that's where you're from. But when you live here and you support random countries over us like Aussies or SA, that's stupid. Surely you're here because you like England and we're your second favourite team? Or if not, why don't you go and live in south africa/australia etc...
    Surely i don't go round telling u who to support, and surely it shouldn't be down to location as to who u support:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    because liking the way a team plays their cricket doesn't express a preference for living in the actual country.
    BINGO! I was waiting for this answer.
    I've never supported England until the Ashes. Its the way they PLAYED that made them my No.2 fav team. Now Windies are surprising everyone... so I'll be supporting them thru out the World Cup... whenever they'll play, except ofcourse, against Pak.

ReputationRep:
    "The Windies are the dark horse for the World Cup" - Shaun Pollock.

ReputationRep:
    lol. defending champions, beat India 4-1, beat Australia twice in the last month. Gayle and Lara in great nick. Yeah the Windies are underdogs(!) I love cricket banter.

ReputationRep:
    Who said anything about them being underdogs?

ReputationRep:
    well i don't think they're dark horses then. bad phrasing. i think they're one of the favs.

ReputationRep:
    The supposedly crappy Watson has three wickets!

ReputationRep:
    Watson is a GOOD all rounder.

ReputationRep:
    England have lost the plot. 137/7

Mahmood in

ReputationRep:
    Ah well...

ReputationRep:
    Hey I made you a Birthday thread man! You didn't even say thank you :p:

ReputationRep:
    dude, you did indeed. What can I say I've been so busy!

Thanks man

ReputationRep:
    Hey no problem

ReputationRep:
    loll AYAZ king of spammm!
    Aussies are coming back strong after their lost to windies...and yes West Indies do have a strong one day side and could reclaim the champions trophy!!

ReputationRep:
    King of Spam? :p:

Oh yes, Aussies rule really. They way they come back so strongly is truly amazing!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.