Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Its in Pakistans hands, they should win but one wicket and its all change....

Well done NZ, semi finalists.

ReputationRep:
    Yes well done New Zealand, our team deserved to lose that match, and Afridi needs to be booted out of our team for next match!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aSian_cUtY)
    Yes well done New Zealand, our team deserved to lose that match, and Afridi needs to be booted out of our team for next match!!!
    Afridi should have been out ages ago. His form with the bat is ridculous. Arafat should be in the team as well. Without inzi Pak's batting is even more fragile and well i dont think they have enough in their bowling with asif and akthar out...and well rana..seems to be following sami's footsteps!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    noooo i think we could have won that match with our current batting. Most of our batsmen went out to silly shots, and yes Arafat should replace Afridi/Farhat

ReputationRep:
    Bowling wise tho i agree mike89 we dont look as threatening hence the huge 272 total today!

ReputationRep:
    well it was fine until the last 10 overs. that was your downfall.
    and afridi of course. he fires, you inevitably win.

ReputationRep:
    He's out of form, and should be batting at 11 if he is playing at all.

Sending up at 5 was a gamble that didn't work...

ReputationRep:
    Bowling wise tho i agree mike89 we dont look as threatening hence the huge 272 total today!
    yeah the bowling was dismal. Can u believe Pakistan bowlers forgetting to bowl yorkers! That is their specialty and yet when they were getting hit they couldn't bowl a few yorkers/slower balls. That just sums up their bowling!

India redeem their total a little thanks to Dhoni at the end, though after two 6's in a row I was expecting a little more than all the twos that came up afterwards. But still, they've posed a nice target now so it's about even I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    well that's a pretty decent total considering the others we've seen in the tournament (except the massive 274 yesterday). that annoying commentator at the end was really launching into Dhoni for being too slow, and then Dhoni ended on 51 off 65, which was pretty much a slap in the face for that dude. I don't even know his name.

WI and NZ both in the semi finals - how many people would have predicted that? :eek:

So who will join them? India vs Australia, and then SA vs Pakistan... both pretty close considering the circumstances!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm interesting indeed

I predict Australia and Pakistan to join them.

(Original post by Socrates)
    Hmm interesting indeed

I predict Australia and Pakistan to join them.
    Yeah, they're probably the best two on paper.

Though there's also home advantage for India, and key players missing from pakistan for SA...

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe WI almost messed up against India! Ah well there goes englands short champions trophy life span!

I hope india and south africa go through out of the two matches, although as you say it's likely the opposite may happen. Although I don't really want pakistan to win, I do like the way hafeez bats. If India bowl first, and Pathan bowls well with the new ball, who knows what may happen against the aussies?

We can always hope....

ReputationRep:
    The underdogs are through!! Now it's the battle of the big guns!!
    Both should be exciting matches, even though it will be a tough competition im glad we have South Africa and not India or Aussies!!

ReputationRep:
    The underdogs are through!! Now it's the battle of the big guns!!
    Both should be exciting matches, even though it will be a tough competition im glad we have South Africa and not India or Aussies!!
    i think india are looking the weakest (in terms of form) out of the three!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mike89)
    i think india are looking the weakest (in terms of form) out of the three!?
    As someone said earlier, home advantage could be crucial, espescially with how crazy indian fans are about cricket!!

ReputationRep:
    i dont think the fans will help. today they were getting impatient when the slow accumulation was in progress in the Indian innings. they just want to see some big hits regardless of the match situation. hence they are more of a hindrance...

Of course, in ODI's how good a team actually is matters less than in test matches, so any team can win really. Like Bangladesh can beat Aussies when they couldn't in a test match.

This is why even England have a chance in the world cup! :cool:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.