Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not even a miracle will help them. 2 edges to the fence and the matchs drawn :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They are in a hurry. India bow out with a little more grace than Pakistan though! :p:

West Indies to win it though!

ReputationRep:
    West Indies, yeah! :five:

ReputationRep:
    The Indians have managed to give 25 extras! Cut that down to 10, and ther might STILL be a match on their hands!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathan Ley3)
    I don't think the bowling's let them down that much. Although the bowling might not have been amazing, it's the difference in attitude between the two sets of batsmen that has once again proved decisive. India just weren't urgent enough and didn't improvise like watson and gilchrist did at the start I've given up now...
    yup. india had the ability to win this match with the bat alone. they were wonderfully poised at the halfway stage. a bit slow but at least had wickets in hand. then instead of pushing on they just lingered in the hope of bad balls. Aus bowled brilliantly at the death and the rest could be foreseen

ReputationRep:
    Oh deary! he bowls a wide!

ReputationRep:
    2 runs. If someone takes a double hatrick in one over, wake me up... :p:

ReputationRep:
    And its all over eve before I finish yawning!

Aus v NewZealand in the Semis!

ReputationRep:
    As I said earlier, even though it wasnt Dravid himself that slowed the game down, but as soon as he came in, the run rate didnt seem to shift at all. There was no further push in the Indian batting, and this was very dissapointing to watch.

Apart from their batting, their bowling was also a huge letdown. Not one single bowler bowled consistent, and their economy rates relay this information. Over all, very poor.

Hey, Australia just won... Oh well, there's also next summer's world cup

ReputationRep:
    No asian teams live to see the semis of the CT! Windies beating Aussies and losing to England! What has the world come to?

Come on NZ for the win! Dunno why, but I just need somebody to support.

ReputationRep:
    WI to retain the title!

What's with all the WI love? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd rather they did than Australia, NZ or SA :p:

Plus WI have actually played rather well; even in the game against England, it was Edwards who let them down, otherwise they may just have won.

ReputationRep:
    It's India or nothing for me.

ReputationRep:
    Well, its got to nothing then.
    Be a sport! Watch good Cricket!

ReputationRep:
    I have edited the bottom right of my sig accordingly! It seems if i choose a team then they just lose by default anyway!

I really don't mind who wins as long as it's not the aussies, although they do play the type of cricket that i like to see unfortunately....

ReputationRep:
    What it Australia win?
    What have you guys got against them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    What it Australia win?
    What have you guys got against them?
    Sorry. They're just the old enemy. We like to see them lose, and we need them to get a battering before the start of englands tour of australia!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)
    Well, its got to nothing then.
    Be a sport! Watch good Cricket!
    I will definitely watch the remainder of the tournament, but I just won't support anyone I'm loyal to my country :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.