Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh good...harmy is being useless again...

TMS>Sky, even without the picture.

ReputationRep:
    i reckon he'll get one to point today

ReputationRep:
    4th wicket down....Hussey bowled by freddie

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like flintoff may be doing a laker-esque performance in this match...

ReputationRep:
    Double wicket maiden from Hoggard. Ponting's finally gone

ReputationRep:
    Australia declare at 602-9! At this points, England will need about 370 JUST to avoid follow-on!

Looks like the Aussies are going to give the English openers a hard time. That, combined with the fact that they have been fielding for almost two days, doesn't look very good for England right now.

Lets see how it shapes out.

Oh, and 'a fire in the sky' when I said Montys gonna be smashed around the park, I didn't mean in this match! Whenever he's gonna play, hes going to be hit for runs.

ReputationRep:
    Lee's throwing rockets at the English! Anyone check the speeds?! :eek3:
    Englang 4-0.

ReputationRep:
    28-2 England lose two wickets in quick sucession. Brett Lee hobbled off while taking one of the catches although it's not thought to be serious and should be back later.

ReputationRep:
    Lee never made the catch, he got hit by hussey when they both went for the catch. I got up at 05:30 this morning to watch it. The batting started okay, but then bleughh. I don't blame strauss for getting out, although looking at the shot it dosen't look good.

Tons for both Pietersen and Bell coming up!

ReputationRep:
    Bell may struggle to reach to 50! Pietersen may not have a great second season to his career in Australia too, but you never know with him.

I expect Flintoff to step up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Y A Z)

Oh, and 'a fire in the sky' when I said Montys gonna be smashed around the park, I didn't mean in this match! Whenever he's gonna play, hes going to be hit for runs.
    Why do you say that? It's not as though Giles (or even Pietersen) have been unduly expensive. Why would a better spinner than both of them suddenly start being hit about for so many runs?

ReputationRep:
    oh dear...they should never have got to 600

i'm predicting an innings defeat here..at 53-3 we'll never get to 370 to avoid a follow on and i wouldn't fancy our chances of getting the required runs second time round either

Optimism for this match...fading.

But hey, we got trashed in the first match last year and came back stronger.

ReputationRep:
    that's what my mate said. We lost the first test last year, so who cares!

Anywho, big stodgy scores tomorow and then we'll be kinda back in the game. Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    aussie press back to their witty best: "wide they bother?" ha-ha-ha. :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Now THAT is funny! :rofl:

Englishstudent, keep in mind the game plan the Australians are taking into this tournament. Attack, attack, attack, and make the English pay.

I was just commenting on that.

ReputationRep:
    It's upto Pieterson and Freddie to save this test match,can't see it happening with the Ball turning and Warne still to come.

Batting the draw will be incredibly hard. We should lose by an innings to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Batting the draw will be incredibly hard. We should lose by an innings to be honest.
    And in one fell swoop, bens optimism disappears! I think the pitch is so good for batting on, England will hold on for a draw. Of course this would mean a couple of people at least getting big hundreds

ReputationRep:
    Well Bell has been in good form?
    GILES FOR DOUBLE CENTURY!! :eek:
    isnt that why he was included? ¬_¬

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.